• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to replace the dampers on my SP300V?

Is there a step by step way of doing it?
I looked around but found nothing.
I have some on order so when they get here I want to install them.

Help!?

H2OK

House of Graphics, Go to you Roland webiste and there is a dealer locator...type in your zip code and it will direct you to Certified Roland Dealers for OEM components for your printer. protect your investment dont cheep out on the thing in your shop that makes you money.... You get the wrong damper and try to make it fit , you may break the manifold on your $900 + head.
as for outta control...its funny, your on many posts with this same website...one would almost think you a sincere end user....NOT!!!
Rolands Dampers list for about $40, and this site shows them at $8....do you really think there the same?????

Be VERY careful to pull the Damper straight up so you do not break the nipple(s) on the damper. If you do, the new manifold is about $40. Be sure to get the proper damper that FITS the nipples correctly - contact your local Roland Dealer, best to get the correct part and reduce problems down the road. Also, check your cap tops, it may be time to replace ($25 ea).

outacontrol41

as for outta control...its funny, your on many posts with this same website...one would almost think you a sincere end user....NOT!!!
Rolands Dampers list for about $40, and this site shows them at $8....do you really think there the same?????

Gee, you sound a lot like a disgruntled Roland rep that has a disdain for anyone who does not deal with Roland for their parts. No, I never claimed to be sincere to anyone, especially Roland. Nothing against them...nice company but there are other companies out there manufacturing or importing similar (NO, not the same) products that will work in these machines at a lower cost to the end user...or me. I've used Roland OEM parts on this machine since 2005 and several service calls. Original parts are not all they're stacked up to be, especially at that price. It's time for me to look around to see who else compares dollar to dollar product to product. The website I threw out there has extremely low prices...I admit. My real question, so you don't misunderstand, was where did this gentleman order his dampers?? If it was Roland, so be it. If anyone used the cheapy parts website maybe they could chime in with their results? I'm here to learn and take good advice, maybe occasionally give some, not show sincerity to any one company. These are hard times we're living in currently, you can't blame a fella to try and regain some profit in the face of soaring OEM prices.

JET

price

Those are cheap because they are not OEM. I agree not all aftermarket parts are junk. But buyer beware. Certain parts are critical to operation and the dampers are one of them. They keep the ink flowing properly to the head and use high tech materials. Yes they are expensive. I read that one side of the damper uses a special membrane. It bleeds the air out but not the ink, plus is does not let air in. So that's pretty critical.

I can see tubing and wipers and parts liekthat using aftermarket as long as they are solvent resistant. Let us know if you use them and they work OK.

House of Graphics, Go to you Roland webiste and there is a dealer locator...type in your zip code and it will direct you to Certified Roland Dealers for OEM components for your printer. protect your investment dont cheep out on the thing in your shop that makes you money.... You get the wrong damper and try to make it fit , you may break the manifold on your $900 + head.

The closest roland dealer I trust is 250miles away.. So thats not going to work!
I got the dampers off of ebay from a place with great feedback.

Be VERY careful to pull the Damper straight up so you do not break the nipple(s) on the damper. If you do, the new manifold is about $40. Be sure to get the proper damper that FITS the nipples correctly - contact your local Roland Dealer, best to get the correct part and reduce problems down the road. Also, check your cap tops, it may be time to replace ($25 ea).

I hear of having to suck out the ink from the lines? Is that true? if so how to do it!
Sounds good on the cap tops..

outacontrol41

I'd tell you how I do it but I'm not sure I'm doing it correctly (correct procedure) but I get results. I'll let the more experienced answer your question.

You can use a syringe to draw the ink thru the damper end - some of the 3rd party dampers do not fit well...if the damper appears to be "floppy" after you put it on then be suspicious...but then if it fits well...it's great buy! Or, you can do a couple of Medium Cleans and this will draw the ink....this is the easy way.

You can use a syringe to draw the ink thru the damper end - some of the 3rd party dampers do not fit well...if the damper appears to be "floppy" after you put it on then be suspicious...but then if it fits well...it's great buy! Or, you can do a couple of Medium Cleans and this will draw the ink....this is the easy way.

Got 2 dampers from a local roland dealer. Installed the black & cyan ones.
Install was easy.. no need to pay the 150.00 a hour!

The dealer was very helpful in some tips.. when i do the other 2 I will take pic and do a write up