• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to reverse flush printhead

father

How to reverse flush printhead of Mutoh Valuejet 1204 version 2.01

What the heck is a "reverse flush"? Do you mean you want to fill the lines with ink? Or are you wanting to force the contents of your ink lines backwards and out the cartridge slots? Sorry, I've just never heard of this before...

Tizz

I think I've read something along that line. This was performed by removing the printhead and using an ultrasonic device to 'recover blocked nozzles'??
This is the only reverse flush that I can think of. But to perform this via your printer, I'm not sure of.
Possibly look into printhead doctor.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
We have done it in the past and it works about half the time. The other half, it gets worse. We used an Altoids can and filled it about half full with cleaning solution. Set the head so it hovers in the solution. Then hook a syringe to the manifold and pull back.

WalkerP

It's hit or miss, but worth a shot with a clogged head. I've recovered dozens by pushing and pulling ink, soaking, sonicating, etc.
I'd let the head soak in whatever solvent you've decided on overnight. Then hook up the syringe and push/pull. Be careful though. It's not very difficult to bust the diaphragms between the channels in the head. That can't be reversed.
Also, make sure not to get fluid on any of the electronics. This risk almost makes it not worth it.
All of this said, in my experience it's a temporary fix. That head normally will deflect very quickly and re-clog too.

Andy D

We have done it in the past and it works about half the time. The other half, it gets worse. We used an Altoids can and filled it about half full with cleaning solution. Set the head so it hovers in the solution. Then hook a syringe to the manifold and pull back.

What he said...
Vander, have you ever messed with those expensive head cleaning solutions/solvent?
I have a couple times and never had any luck...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
What he said...
Vander, have you ever messed with those expensive head cleaning solutions/solvent?
I have a couple times and never had any luck...

I have found that the best solution is the OEM stuff you get with the machine for cleaning. Also, for some reason the Bordeaux brand is what I have used for the last year or so and it has worked well. Other stuff seems to clog the head more. I have used Goof Off on a head that sat for 6 months with ink in it. It cleared right up but it was on a machine we took on trade in and were planning on replacing the head anyway so I didn't have anything to lose. I tried it again on another head and it didn't work as well. Now I just try the OEM or Bordeaux solution and if it doesn't work, I trash it.

floater302

I reverse flush my head with strait acetone, then when im done with that ill push strait acetone thru the printhead with very little pressure. never failed me yet.

phototec

What is the best way to soak the heads and how do you keep ink from cross contamination?

I clamp off the two captop lines, however I end with magenta ink mixed in the yellow damper.

Are you suppose to remove the ink carts or can they stay installed?

Thanks

floater302

What is the best way to soak the heads and how do you keep ink from cross contamination?

I clamp off the two captop lines, however I end with magenta ink mixed in the yellow damper.

Are you suppose to remove the ink carts or can they stay installed?

Thanks

If your soaking the head in the station, you always take a chance of that happening, myself i never soak the heads,

player

It may be more prone to happening (Roland printers) if the cartridges are at different ink levels ie- the black is full and cyan almost empty.

Signifier

This is The Signifier
I would like to rephrase my question, but I don't know where. I find this website very difficult to use.
I would like to receive a response from somebody who knows how to unclog the printer head of my printer:
The printer is a Mutoh ValueJet 1204 version 2.01,,Either by Reverse flushing or by soaking in the printer.
I would like to have COMPLETE instructions, even how to dis-assemble the head from the printer. As you
can see I am not an expert at sign printing,,,However I am The Very Best at Hand Painting Signs for over
40 years (According to my customers not me). Thanks.

altereddezignz

Manuals can be found online pretty easy but you will need a maintenance manual.
To backflush the head correctly it will need to be removed. Use some sort of small Tupperware container. Use solvent cleaning solution from solvent inkjet.com. You will remove the dampers from the head and use a extra or scrap piece of line for the head.

place 2-3 pieces of soft material in teh bottom of the container like head cloth. Nothing that might scrath the head. Set the head on the soft material in the container. Fill the container untill the cleaner is just over the membrain of the head. DO NOT FILL CONTAINER UP. LEt this set for about an hour.

Using a surrenge that can be also be purchased from inkjet solutions.com and attach the hose to one end and to each of head nozzles where the damper would go. With very light pressure try and suck liquid through the head. DO NOT FORCE THIS. IT takes very little pressure and can damage the head. If this does not work take some clean solution and place it inside the surrenge and try and flow the cleaner through the head in normal direction. Once you are ablet o get material flow go back and forth in both directions with cleaner in the head. Remove head clean and replace all fluids with clean cleaner and do this process again.

I normally will let heads set over night but DO NOT LET THEM SET IN THE OPEN AIR... the will dry out and become completely un-usable.

Clean out all ink lines with cleaner and refill.. We got a hold of a bad ink cartage that had a little dried ink that had jelled in it and stopped up a head.

Maybe this will help a little.