• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to Save a file from Signlab8 with Compatibility to Signlab5?

Lindsey

Not A New Member
I'm a signlab 8 (revision 1) user. I need to save and send a file to a signlab 5 user. I'd like to be able to keep the text intact and editable. Does anyone know if I can do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this, but to no avail.

d fleming

Shouldn't be a problem. You may want to include a copy of the font in case the end user does not have it. They will get a message saying the file was created using a newer version, but it should open.

Lindsey

Not A New Member
The signlab 5 user is not able to open the file. That's the problem. I also have signlab5 myself on an older computer, and I'm not even able to open my own Signlab8 file on it. In CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator there are options within the Save menu that allow the user to choose to save the file with compatibility to an older version of the program. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this in Signlab.

Jackpine

To use the file on another computer you could export it as an eps and import it into the lower version. I did this with files I created in Signlab and wanted to use them in Corel.

heyskull

Sometimes you can get later versions opening in earlier if you remove some of the fades and special effects which are available on later versions.
The only real issue with exporting is you cannot re-edit the text.

SC