Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Save a file from Signlab8 with Compatibility to Signlab5?

Discussion in 'Signlab' started by Lindsey, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Lindsey

Lindsey Not A New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    I'm a signlab 8 (revision 1) user. I need to save and send a file to a signlab 5 user. I'd like to be able to keep the text intact and editable. Does anyone know if I can do this? I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this, but to no avail.

Tags:
  2. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Shouldn't be a problem. You may want to include a copy of the font in case the end user does not have it. They will get a message saying the file was created using a newer version, but it should open.

3. Lindsey

Lindsey Not A New Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Canada
    The signlab 5 user is not able to open the file. That's the problem. I also have signlab5 myself on an older computer, and I'm not even able to open my own Signlab8 file on it. In CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator there are options within the Save menu that allow the user to choose to save the file with compatibility to an older version of the program. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this in Signlab.

4. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

To use the file on another computer you could export it as an eps and import it into the lower version. I did this with files I created in Signlab and wanted to use them in Corel.

5. heyskull

heyskull Very Active Member

Sep 2, 2007
    UK
    Sometimes you can get later versions opening in earlier if you remove some of the fades and special effects which are available on later versions.
    The only real issue with exporting is you cannot re-edit the text.

SC

6. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    Export as another file type, pdf, eps, etc.