Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help How to scale graphics for vans so they print out the correct size

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by GarryIreland, Dec 18, 2019.

1. GarryIreland

GarryIreland New Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Ireland
    I have 160 mimaki and use rastorlink and I don’t know what to use to scale graphics so they fit any particular vehicle can anyone help please

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    welcome to signs101.
    rasterlink has a scaling-up feature but YOU have to be the one to tell it how big it needs to be.
    if you don't know how big it needs to be, grab a tape measure and go measure the vehicle/canvas you wish to apply-to.
    if you don't have access to the vehicle, then you can buy templates for any particular model from places like provehicleoutlines.
    also, if you're unfamiliar with design & rip software..... youtube videos help way more than any instruction that an internet forum could give you.

3. shoresigns

shoresigns Very Active Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    If you're using pre-made vehicle templates, they're almost always in 1:20 scale, but the scale should be noted on them.

I like to work in 1:10 scale on vehicles, so I scale the template by 200% before I start designing, then when it's time to print, we scale the print job to 1000%, which brings it back to 1:1 scale.