• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How To: Scam your parents to get money

JMPrinting

Ok, so for several months we offered UPS shipping to customers. I am in a small town, there was kind of a need for it, not apparently as much as I thought. I did the ASO program where I got paid for packages, ect. I no longer do the UPS because it is a PITA. Anyways....

Several weeks ago I shipped a computer for an older gentleman to go to Florida where is son own a computer shop. He simply told me "it needs updates." We have 2 computer stores in town and by the time you pay shipping you might as well do it here. I didn't say that, I understand he wanted to support his sons business. Anyways, the package gets shipped and upon arrival is "damaged." This computer by the way is old...I could take by the casing and components. Anyways, I find out by the guy coming here needing me to fill out a claims form. I filled the form, sent him on his way. He comes back 2 weeks later because UPS is giving him the run around on this thing, he said he is trying to get the money because his son is "going on vacation soon and wants paid" I printed everything I was emailed about the claim, sent him on his way again. He stops in my shop yesterday because he has been dealing with UPS so he can get his money back that he paid his son. At first I thought they may have been just trying to get money together, but no this guy is sincere, older gentleman not too up to date on technology. It's not my business but the human being in me wants to tell this guy his son is ripping him of BIG TIME. I mean, he should have just bought a new computer. Please see attached!

Attachments

• comp.jpg
    comp.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 67

CreatedDesigns

+1 100% bogus claim. Unless it was dragged behind the UPS truck the entire way but still no chance of damaging cables. I think we need pictures of box when it arrived to son. But I'm sure the son cannot provide any pictures. Invoice does not even have a logo just generic Excel/Word template.

JMPrinting

I was thinking UPS scam also but the dad has already said he paid and wants money back. This could be true or not...not sure.

Also would take a lot to damage the ram...

Tim4

I am sure that UPS has a fraud department.

This would not be the first scam that they have dealt with.

Laz0924

Raid array in the old guys computer, seriously have to be kidding or UPS is too stupid to figure that out.

royster13

I do not think UPS will ever have to worry about what the damage is, they usually deny claims claims based on "improper packaging" 1st.....I never insure shipments......I charge clients for insurance and then "self insure".....I am sure over the years I am 100s if not 1,000s of $s ahead.....

DravidDavid

I absolutely LOST MY SH#T when I read "Rebuild Raid array" and "Certify Onboard RAID Mirror"...Wow. Definitely a bogus claim. Someone wanted a cash injection for their holiday.

mark galoob

so there is a couple of things you have not told us.
1. did you insure package?
2. did you pack package or did customer pack it himself
3. did you ship on your account, or on your customers account.
4. what kind of written policy do you have ie signage regarding customer packed shippements.
5. how much is this guy trying to get from ups? what is the claim for...
6. do you have pictures of damaged box and packing material that includes the shipping label

first i would say please dont take this as disrespect, i have to question your decision to ship ups for other people with out really knowing what you are doing...i would say you have opened yourself up to a huge amount of liability.