• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to seal this deal?/Trying to sell a wrap

cleanmywound

Hi all,

I met w/this 65-70 yr old today. He wants a Wrap for his HHR Panel and 16' trailer, (both are white) sweet right?

He said he wants it printed on CLEAR, I say, I cant print on clear but I can color match. And explained that everything is white I just add color to match,say a red truck or whatever, and tell him wraps can't be moved from one vehicle to the next.
He told me another guy was going to print the wrap on clear!?

So I show him an idea (printed 8.5x11) on an HHR Template (show him motorcycles I've done) and he LOVED it. Loved the colors,etc. He asked "how did you do that?"
I said on the comp.(I had to teach him how to double click an Icon tonight)

But this guy is HELL BENT on CLEAR!

Do I tell him ,"yes I can print on clear", but, color match? Contour cut if I have to? Kind of hide the fact its white? (Basically lie)

How do I convince him that it will turn out right?
How do I convince him to trust me?

I've never really had to "sell" anything, the work usually finds me. But now that times are tough in Michigan, I find myself having to "Sell" more.

And believe me, I would be lucky to sell a shovel to a well digger.

Thanks for any help,
The Frustrated,
Adam

Pro Image

Your going to have to show him the difference.........Print it on clear and on white and apply it to the trailer and show him how the clear will not be as bright as a print on white.......

cleanmywound

Thanks Dustin,

Good point, it will not be nearly as bright!
I can use that in my sales pitch tomorrow!

Thanks again,

Adam

schurms

If he demands clear, give the man what he wants. Charge him a 50% up charge, and do not garrantee color.

WRAPS

White Behind Clear?

Wont It Look Ok? If The Vehicle Has Nice Clean White Paint Wont The Color Be Good?hmmm...i Havent Tried The Clear Yet.HOW THE ADHESIVE LOOK UNDER THERE

TonyHoles

Printed on clear with double the ink lay down on a white car IMO will look fine.

But if you want to do it on white then just be up front with him and say flat out that you know what you are doing and since you do this for a living you would know what looks best and that your expert opinion is that you should do it on white.

schurms

Take charge, tell him how you want to do it or pass. Sometimes passing on jobs is a way to stay out of trouble. A job to do and a profitable job are two different things.

cleanmywound

Schurms--

I think you might be right, this guy was a PITA in 1/2 hr.

I don't know if I could keep my cool dealing w/this guy.
I think I'll do that, tell him this way or the highway..

Thanks,
Adam

Rooster

You'll never get it wrapped without putting a ton of fingerprints on the adhesive side of the clear that will remain visible on wrap.

cleanmywound

Excellent point Rooster!
I'll have to throw that at him next time he comes in!
Thanks for helping me build my case!

Adam