• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to speed up printing on the versacamm?

LMSigns24

I have to print 2500 4" decals, and i was wondering if there is anything i can do to speed up the printing? I am sure there isn't, but it is worth a shot.

Goodgirl

Do you have Flexi? If you have Flexi and you print from there it is almost double the speed of using VersaWorks! Great feature.

ChiknNutz

A good RIP will allow you to use the machine beyond what Roland says. I have been getting exactly 2X the output by using Wasatch Softrip...that is 64 SFPH at 720x720x8-pass. And, NO, quality doesn't suffer in the least!

D

DARLAK

convert the artwork to cmyk, turn off the color correction, lower your output res to half of what you printed the first time. printing in the printers natural colors and by passing the rgb conversion lets you print at a lower output res than RGB conversion.

think of it this way, if the artwork is RGB or CMYK, the printer is using the same ink, if you can send over the file in cmyk and get the output desired, ie color match, then you are going to speed up the process simply because you can print at lower res output which is simply faster.

the trick then becomes designing in CMYK and converting photographic- raster work in cmyk. 99.9% of the time i get the cmyk to the correct output.

i spent years perfecting my proccess to my printers to get this to work, it does, and your machine can print faster.

sure you will run into a raster file that you get from somebody that just doesn't convert the way you want it to, but enough fc'n around with this philosophy and you get there....

designers of the world, listen, design everthing in cmyk and if its black use c=45 y=45 m=45 k=100 and the world will be a better place...

Prism1

Chris...care to share how?? I have Wasatch, and a ton of printing to do, low res. Can I get faster than 360x720, 1000 head speed??

PS...machine is out of warrantry...

Ken

ChiknNutz

If the viewing distance can tolerate it, you MAY be able to get by with a 480 x 360, 1000 head speed and 4-pass profile. I created a banner profile at this and get about 165 SFPH, but it obviously must be used with good judgment based on the intended use of the final product. I was unsuccessful in making one at with these settings for vinyl.

Mason

If you use Versaworks, go to quality/ignore default settings, change the #400 to 700, it will print nearly twice as fast

mediaman

goodgirl,
Mason's on to it. Flexi is not faster than VersaWorks if all the printer settings are the same. Generally, Flexi defaults to a faster head speed than VW. Check every setting and you should find that there is a "scientific explanation" :) to why Flexi seems to be faster.

LMSigns24

I am pritning 720x720, and I ignord the default setting and set it to 1000. It did speed up the head, but it is still taking so long to print all of these decals. I am going to try some of the other tips everyone gave me.

What DPI are you printing at?