• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to start an arguement

Colin

Just saw this, but didn't like the fonts they used so I re-did it:

(BTW, this is the only font should be used on this sign, all others are wrong).

:Big Laugh

Attachments

• Arguement.jpg
    Arguement.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 80

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah.... and I'll bet you 10 to 1, that is one of the biggest reasons you come up short....... every year on letter usage in your country.

Wasting letters unnecessarily by inserting 'e', 'u', and other silent letters is just a gross waste in letters throughout a year's performance in lettering. Down here, we have an overabundance of letters at the end of the year, simply because we have learned how not to waste .... mostly those precious vowels, you people take for granted.

Heck, there's even a television show dedicated to this. When you ask Vanna for a vowel.... it costs an additional $250 for a vowel, while consonants are still free if you guess them right.

It's all about how or what you value in life. In our profession, whether you're a sign maker or a sign makerette..... we choose to do it the correct way and save our precious alphabet for as long as we can. :noway:

Last edited:

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Yeah.... and I'll bet you 10 to 1, that is one of the biggest reasons you come up short....... every year on letter usage in your country.

Wasting letters unnecessarily by inserting 'e', 'u', and other silent letters is jut a gross waste in letters throughout a year's performance in lettering. Down here, we have an overabundance of letters at the end of the year, simply because we have learned how not to waste .... mostly those precious vowels, you people take for granted.

Heck, there's even a television show dedicated to this. When you ask Vanna for a vowel.... it costs an additional $250 for a vowel, while consonants are still free if you guess them right.
It's all about how or what you value in life. In our profession, whether you're a sign maker or a sign makerette..... we choose to do it the correct way and save our precious alphabet for as long as we can. :noway:

No, it isn't...

Patentagosse

Our economy must be in a better position than yours so it may be the reason we can use more letters to tell the same thing... but I agree, even for me French-Canadian, why spell color COLOUR? :popcorn:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is the glass half empty or half full ??

I don't know.... just fill it up and stop the frickin' arguing, buster. :noway:

2NinerNiner2

... even for me French-Canadian, why spell color COLOUR? :popcorn:

Being a francophone, you should know the answer:

"Because that's just the way it is!" :)

This was ALWAYS the response I received when asking why a certain "thing" is "male" or "female" when trying to learn french while living in Montreal and Quebec City!

And speaking of francophones, why is it that you even have an "H" in your alphabet? It's NEVER pronounced! ;)

... oh yeah, I already answered that :Canada 2: