• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to start up jv3 in service mode?

wavegypsy

After installing new head, tried to put printer into service mode to enter new head id by holding function and remote keys while printer was booting. Printer started as normal. DO I hold buttons down before power button, after "booting" shows, or wait until after version # shows?
Test print on all heads look good. m y and k print jobs perfect. Cyan still prints cloudy (I'm guessing because head i.d. # is wrong)
Any ideas?

Thanks

signswi

Hold buttons down, press start, you'll hear a beep during the startup that you normally don't hear. Should be fine to remove your fingers after the version # pops up. It'll look and act like normal but have a lot more options in the menus.

wavegypsy

Thanks Jesse,

I was able to get the head id number installed.
This is my first head replacement.
Only 1 side of my test pattern is printing.
I've done an ink fill, cleaning, change damper-both are full of ink) and am presently doing a 99 minute nozzle wash. When I flushed the head with cleaning fluid before install, I noticed 1 row of nozzles flowing. After examining the old head I noticed 2 rows. It may be possible that I only successfully flushed 1 row. I did force fluid through both inputs on top of the head. Is it possible to remove head and re-flush. Or is it possible to do that through the damper with the head installed? Even after id number was entered, cyan is still printing a random cloud outside the lines of the rectangle file that was printed.

Thankful for any help.