• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to upgrade Onyx...

MikeyG

Hi all!
I've got Onyx 11.0.0 on my RIP PC, and I've been told by Onyx themselves that I can upgrade it to the current 11.1.2.
I've made backups of all important Buffered Jobs, and of my four printer's drivers and profiles (as detailed in this video:)

[video=youtube;wb2U7x9h0Q4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb2U7x9h0Q4[/video]

However, I have also been reading a 'how to' upgrade Onyx (https://advantagesignsupply-tech.com/?p=524)

This says I should 'completely' uninstall the Onyx software prior to re-installing the upgrade.

Frankly, I don't like messing around with the innards of any PC. I usually find doing this to be a singularly unrewarding experience, which almost invariably ends up causing more upset and stress!

My question is simply: Do I have to uninstall Onyx before installing the upgrade?
(I've run the upgrade, just to see what it asks to do, and the first thing it wants is for me to select a destination folder. What if I don't select the same folder as the older version of the software? Or should I? Or what?)

I'm solely responsible for maintaining this equipment, so if I make a total muck up, I'm stuffed!

Thanks for any help/guidance/emotional support!

ONYX Mgt

Please contact our EU ONYX Tech Support operations and they can talk you through this upgrade
Hours: 9:00 – 18:00 CET
Phone: +31 10 4510300
Email: emeasupport@onyxgfx.com

Or you can contact our UK distributor, Artsystems at (0115) 9380 350

MikeyG

Updated successfully!

Thank you Onyx for the reply!
I emailed ArtSystems as you suggested (I've spoken with them before!), and a very nice gentleman called me back and kindly talked me through the procedure to upgrade my RIP to v11.1.2.

So a very big thank you to Onyx and especially to ArtSystems for their help with this!

And for anyone with similar questions about upgrading...
You don't have to uninstall the old copy of Onyx! When you run the update, if going from, say, a version 11 to a newer version 11, it finds and replaces the older version with the newer! (ArtSystems explained that if you were to go from a version 10 to 11, then the installer would leave the original old version untouched, and install a fresh new version as well.)

Everything went well. All printers are still installed. All pre-existing Buffered Jobs still in the list, and I'm now happily printing on the same substrates.

Fantastic!
Thanks again!

shawn47

Hi Guys,

Could someone send me the upgrade from Onyx rip center 11 to v11.1.2, or send me the Mutoh_ValueJet_VJ_1604J print drive for rip center v11,

Thank you very much,
Shawn