Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to wrap HHR door handles

Discussion in 'Vehicle Wraps' started by ddubia, Feb 18, 2010.

1. ddubia

ddubia Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Northeast Ohio
    I'm having a heck of a time approaching this partial HHR wrap because of the door handles. It is a 4 door. I'm reprinting a section for the left rear door now because I just slapped the vinyl on the whole side and struggled so much with the door handle that I got unacceptable wrinkles in it. No problem with the rest but haven't wrapped around the the front handle yet.

All the texts are separate. The bumpers are not to be wrapped.

If anyone has any idea of how to approach this problem I'd really appreciate it.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
    Tags:
  2. ddubia

ddubia Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Northeast Ohio
    I got it.

The handles come off really easily. Half remove one screw/bolt with either an allen wrench or a 7mm socket. Then hold the handle part-way out while pushing out on a white spring loaded lever that seems to be locking it in and simultaneously moving the handle to the left, toward the back of the door and the handle comes off slick as that.

Now I'll wrap it without the handles and wrap the handles separately on the bench. It'll be sweet!

This is my first wrap btw. It's a partial and has gone well except the handles issue and now that's solved.

3. tanneji

tanneji Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Thats a nice looking design! Congrats on figuring it out and put up some pics when its done

4. WB

WB Active Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Canada
    I print extra small section where the handles are. that way you have complete pieve of vinyl to work with and your not worried about cutting in to far or over streching. I use the large wrap to do in under the handle and then the smaller extra piece to the the handle itself..

5. ddubia

ddubia Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Northeast Ohio
    As WB said that's what I did.

It went well after I figured out taking the handles off was the way to go.

I'll post some pics here when it's all cleaned up.

6. ddubia

ddubia Member

Sep 13, 2006
    Northeast Ohio
    Here's a pic of the wrap on the handle. Not so bad once I got a little advice from here.

I really don't wish to be a thread-starting machine but since this is our first wrap (partial) I'm posting pics of the job in a new thread.

Attached Files:

7. BEL Signs

BEL Signs New Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Very nice detailing work on the handle

Daz

8. WhiteWrapper

WhiteWrapper Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Good work. I always just cut them out. HHRs I've done are for businesses, not show cars. Rings tear up the handle bowl.