• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would I combine these?

raw191

I'm making this logo and have the text typed, and the little truck made, but I'm having trouble combining them. It keeps leaving me the wrong part of the truck. It's taking the part I want and leaving me with the "scrap" in between the letters. How would I do this? Thanks.

Ross

Attachments

• splash.jpg
    splash.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 151

woolly

trim the truck from the letters leaving target change colours to suit,
if you are using corel. just done it dont know about other softwear

John L

i think this is what you are asking...

In Flexi8... Whichever element you have behind the other... move it to the front of the other. Select the item in the rear, Hold control and hit page - up page up - page up to bring it ahead of the other.

Now select the items and try the cut out again. It should cut out differently. Most of the combine options are relative to which item is on top of the other.

Hope that helps.

raw191

Still having trouble. Use the combine menu right? Does it matter if the letters are text or should I convert to outlines. It doesn't seem that hard, but it's really giving me fits.

rw

John L

The attached is...

Top- Elements before selecting them and choosing "effects > combine > cut out".

Middle- Elements after selecting them and choosing "effects > combine > cut out". (The squigglies were on the top layer).

Bottom- Elements after selecting them and choosing "effects > combine > cut out". (The squigglies were on the bottom layer).

Change the layer of an item as described before. (Select the item, then hold control button and hit page up or page down).

Shouldnt make any difference if the text is curves or text. In Flexi8 you can even alter text after doing the "combines" somewhat.

This is in Flexi8. Hope it works for ya.

Attachments

• PS0014.jpg
    PS0014.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 84

raw191

I actually got it by duplicating the text, and then did effect-combine-common. Then I merged the two together. Taught me alot. Thanks for the help. I'm using flexi 7.6 so maybe things are a little different.

rw

John L

Yeh, I was gonna say that next. hahaha

This is hard to do on the net. Glad you are good.

Take care.