• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would I go about wrapping a water tower?

jman

Gino, why do you feel the need to do this to every single person who asks a question? Unless you deem it "worthy" you go on the attack every time.

What's the point? This is a forum for sharing knowledge. You're making it so people don't want to ask questions. When will you be happy? When no one asks any questions, because everyone is an expert?

AMEN to that. Seriously, I'll ask a stupid question to knowledgeable people so I can LEARN. That's what this trade is all about. Making a living LEARNING and getting paid to do so. Nobody knows every damn thing.

MikePro

would be cool if you could just program one of those wall-climing-doodlers to draw your pattern, and repell/paint-by-numbers.
"wrapping" it, however. whew, good luck. i'd love to watch, with a beer in my hand.

DerbyCitySignGuy

would be cool if you could just program one of those wall-climing-doodlers to draw your pattern, and repell/paint-by-numbers.
"wrapping" it, however. whew, good luck. i'd love to watch, with a beer in my hand.

Spider-man?

What wall climbing doodlers? I haven't heard of these. Sounds interesting.

MikePro

Spider-man?

What wall climbing doodlers? I haven't heard of these. Sounds interesting.
My bad for slightly derailing the thread by blurting this out, but it would be cool tech to make logistical nightmares like watertowers a bit easier for those involved.
I believe there's other single-color ones already on the market, but for reference here's the Scribit Kickstarter.

DerbyCitySignGuy

My bad for slightly derailing the thread by blurting this out, but it would be cool tech to make logistical nightmares like watertowers a bit easier for those involved.
I believe there's other single-color ones already on the market, but for reference here's the Scribit Kickstarter.

Alright, that's pretty neat. I could see applications for that in the industry.

Johnny Best

Carrying the Doodler and extension cords up to the top.
doodle.jpg

Last edited:

MikePro

silly rabbit. you'll need TWO extension cords: one for doodler, one for your phonograph

buuuut if you don't like carrying cords up ladders, then have ur grandkids loan you an ipod, and send up the drone instead!

Last edited:

equippaint

I had a calc teacher in high school that taught me a valuable lesson, in line with what Gino is saying. He would ask specific people in class for an answer when he knew they did not get it. If you muttered anything to try and help the person he would chastise you and explain that if someone helps you with the answer, you will never learn. He would push and push, usually not in the nicest way, until you got it. This is how concepts stick, it is burned in your brain when you think about it. It doesn't seem very nice in the present because you expect instant help but 20 years later you realize what actually happened.

DerbyCitySignGuy

I had a calc teacher in high school that taught me a valuable lesson, in line with what Gino is saying. He would ask specific people in class for an answer when he knew they did not get it. If you muttered anything to try and help the person he would chastise you and explain that if someone helps you with the answer, you will never learn. He would push and push, usually not in the nicest way, until you got it. This is how concepts stick, it is burned in your brain when you think about it. It doesn't seem very nice in the present because you expect instant help but 20 years later you realize what actually happened.

Except that not everyone learns the same way. This works for some people.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
Don’t know how you’d do it but driving down 95 in NJ I saw a water tower totally surrounded top to bottom with scaffolding- at least a dozen people working sanding painting and I Guess branding - thought of this project . Been there for weeks , must be costing / making someone big money