• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would this work for a shop truck?

SqueeGee

I might have the opportunity to buy a truck or van from a glass company at a good price. They have racks on them for carrying glass and I was thinking that might be a pretty good fit for a shop truck. We could just throw a 4'x8' sign in the rack and the posts on the truck(or on the roof rack of the van) when we go out for an install. Has anyone else tried this? Will/does it work?

Attached is a pic of something similar to what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• home-pickup-glass-racks.jpg
    home-pickup-glass-racks.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 79

Z SIGNS

Could not live without it.Here is one we mounted to our boom truck.

Attachments

• boomerator.jpg
    boomerator.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 91

SqueeGee

Could not live without it.Here is one we mounted to our boom truck.

Cool! Do you find that you have to protect the sign face from getting scuffed/scarred by the pieces on the rack that hold the sign in place? How big of a sign can you put in there(height x width)? How thick? Is a pan face too thick?

OlsonSigns601

Depends on how much you plan to install with it. Lately for us its been channel letters and a lot of cabinet installs. For us if its something you can carry in a truck the customer generally doesnt want to pay to install.

BIGMAX

Can see many advantages.........going to see about doing mine like it with a few modifications for even more uses!!! Thank for the post!!!!