• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How would you quote this???

filteredsoul

Large Format Graphics
Hi Everyone,
I have a customer who wants me to quote a sign like the one attached.
Sign_zpszqa7pmc3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I can take care of the panel (HDU), and the bracketry but as far as the stonework/electrical, where do I start? I was thinking about looking in my area for stone workers and electricians?
Right now I'm not doing projects this big, but you have to start somewhere right?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Hopefully the pic works... if not I'll try it another way...

filteredsoul

Large Format Graphics
Hi Everyone,
I have a customer who wants me to quote a sign like the one attached.
Sign_zpszqa7pmc3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I can take care of the panel (HDU), and the bracketry but as far as the stonework/electrical, where do I start? I was thinking about looking in my area for stone workers and electricians?
Right now I'm not doing projects this big, but you have to start somewhere right?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Hopefully the pic works... if not I'll try it another way...
Sign.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're not a mason or electrician, you'll hafta sub those portions out.

You could build a pillar out of cement blocks and put some faux stones over it from any number of companies which provide that kinda stuff. It'll be much cheaper, then get an electrician to do the lighted portion.

The sign will be the least expensive part of the whole deal.

filteredsoul

Large Format Graphics
I figured...
I don't want to do the masonry or the electrical anyway.
I guess just showing this pic to some stone guys/electricians and getting their quote, and adding it to mine?

studio 440

you need a working blueprint and then check your sign codes and get the permits the electrical has to be UL code approved in most cases dont know how it is where you are

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Are you actually allowed to contract an electrical sign in North Carolina?
Even if the electrician has a license, are you still allowed to make a contract, pull permits and run the project?
My experience in NC is limited, but from my few projects I have done, you need to be electrical sign contractors license.

I agree with Studio 440... estimate design costs, design the sign complete so you (and others) can bid on the sign.
Make a section view with all the call-outs, colors, materials...

Have you looked at the codes to see what's allowed?

If the sign is over 6 feet, add engineering costs...

Send the drawings to at least 4 subs - you'll be lucky to get one...

I personally think there is not much profit on a single sign like this if you are subbing out the hardest part.