• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy from Huskerville!

Squeezie

I just stumbled across this site yesterday after I googled a question about my Summa DC4sx and found the answer here. I just bought it in April so I'm still figuring out how to run the beast. Looks some good information and really cool people here! Hopefully I can help out some too.

I started my business in 1999. I did it part-time for quite a while, while working for a couple other sign companies until I finally got the guts and enough cash in the bank to go on my own. Best thing I ever did! I love my job. :thumb: I do all kinds of signs, except electrical and neon, vehicle graphics, ad specialties, screen printing and some print projects.

I was lucky enough to attend one of only 4 high schools in the state (at the time) that had a graphic arts program. I had ink under fingernails and all over my clothes everyday and I loved it. I wasn't sure what I really wanted to do until my dad and I went to big car show my senior year and I watched a veteran sign painter handletter a race car at the show. I remember thinking "Cool.... I want to do that someday." Here I am, 20 years later.... Okay, so I don't use One-shot, but the ol' veteran letterheads are my heros and I try to make my vinyl work look just as good. That was how I met my husband too--I stickered his sprint car. My boss, a cute little girl named Treva, will be five in October. She likes helping mommy "make stickers" and she's always good for entertaining customers while they wait. :biggrin: