• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy From Lacombe, Alberta, Canada

GoatScrote

Good Day Folks! Long- time lurker, figured I'd join the fray - see if I can be of any assistance & maybe even learn something new! I've been in the sign industry for roughly 14 years & have had experience in every aspect of the sign shop (except accounting) from front end customer service to design/manufacture and installation. I have extensive experience making both illuminated & non-illuminated signs of every kind, banners, posters etc. I'm also passionate about custom graphic design - I used to draw night and day when I was a kid, but now I use CorelDRAW x6 & Adobe CS 5.5 but mostly Corel. I have a wide of experience with every kind of plotter imaginable (almost) and have used the Gerber Edge (with Omega) just as long as I've been making signs...recently acquired a Roland SP-540V and completed 3M's
intermediate & advanced vehicle wrap training - currently working on my 3rd wrap & it's going great. I like everything old skool, I love retro design - everything from 1870's to 1970's. I love looking at old signs, talking to old sign painters and collecting pin-ups. My name is Rob & I'm also a font-o-holic.

GoatScrote

...how do you define a font-o-holic?

hello rob welcome from California ...how do you define a font-o-holic?

...lol, I just really enjoy working with fonts...I like how powerful they can be when used properly. I like reading about the history of fonts, learning about them, looking at the work of different type foundries & reading about the inspiration behind them...the lawsuits! When I was just a little sign guy, I fell in love with fonts right away...had no bloody idea they could be so intricate and complex...or so poorly designed (in some cases)...either way it's all interesting to me...I've even made a font loosely based on my handwriting using Corel just to say I did it.

Terremoto

Greetings from Red Deer!

Never tried making a font in CorelDraw but have used FontLab to make them and clean up crappy ones for my own use.

Dan