• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy from Missouri

SignsInTime

where to start....well...
My dad used to letter trucks with a brush in one hand, and me in the other arm holding his baby food jar of paint. I've been doing signs pretty much since I was born. I could do other things that would probably afford me a garage full of toys....but this is what i love. by the late 80's we had started the transition from all hand lettering to computer aided graphics.

fast forward to today....we are still probably considered a dinosaur shop by most standards....we still use CasMate Pro and love it, we still cut vinyl as opposed to printing and our customers love it....we still believe that customer service is in high demand and is what separates a sign shop from a place that makes stickers.

Nice to meet you all :D

that said, I have begun to inch closer and closer to the digital world and have been comparing the mimaki jv33 and the hp8000. i use all sorts of software to fiddle with my webpages, etc....so i am vaguely familiar with paint shop pro, photoshop, and corel. hopefully the learning curve won't be too terrible. but to be honest, a new printer scares the heck outta me.

I'd love to hear suggestions on what has proven to be most effective for other sign shops. this machine won't see alot of high volume work right away and may spend some time sitting while i learn on it. i like the versatility of the mimaki that allows me to print with mild solvents for outdoors, and eco solvents or aqueous inks for indoors.

fire away

SignsInTime

haha one of my favorite billboards was in potosi. it said in big bold letters, "I'm from the insurance company and I'm here to help" then in smaller letters in the corner "Right"

southpawP8NTR

haha one of my favorite billboards was in potosi. it said in big bold letters, "I'm from the insurance company and I'm here to help" then in smaller letters in the corner "Right"

yeah that's like my banker coming into the shop saying he wants to lower my mortgage payments!

SignsInTime

I'm in St Robert... thanks for all the welcomes guys.

jscarl, almost half of my extended family lives in or near Charlotte