• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy

JimMacQ

Hi. My name is Jim MacQuarrie. I'm in the process of starting up my own company, Lancer Creative Services (www.lancercreative.com ). I'm an old hand at graphics production & design, going back to the days of hand-cut rubylith, typesetting and stat cameras, and along the way I've had my hands in signage of various sorts including screen-printing, acid-etched glass, sandblasted wood, and now large-format digital output. I've used Photoshop and Illustrator since 1989, and have had my work on everything from the side of a thimble to the side of a hotel.

I came here because I'm currently freelancing at a place that does a lot of printing on a Mimaki JV4-160 and it's doing a few quirky things that I'm seeking answers to. I'm wading through the archives to see if the questions have been answered before I ask them again.

Anyway, thanks for having me. I think this will be an extremely helpful forum.

Jillbeans

Any relation to Hobie "Mack" MacQuarrie (sp?) who used to send out the cool old lettering sheets?
(I think that was his name, I used to get 'em in the early 90s)
Welcome from PA
Love....Jill

JimMacQ

I don't know if I am; I've never heard of him before, and nobody in the family ever mentioned him. I'll have to look into it.

I'm also not sure if I'm related to Ralph McQuarrie, the designer for STAR WARS. He's had no contact with his father or any of his family since birth, so he doesn't know who he's related to. (I got to ask him once.)

However, Christopher McQuarrie, the screenwriter of THE USUAL SUSPECTS and X-MEN, is a distant cousin; his great-great-grandfather is my great-grandfather's brother, I think.