Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's Business

Discussion in 'Polls' started by Fred Weiss, Jun 3, 2015.

How are sales as compared to 2014?

1. A lot lower

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  2. A little lower

9 vote(s)
    11.4%
  3. About the same

10 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. A little higher

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  5. A lot higher

34 vote(s)
    43.0%
  1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    How are things going sales volume wise as compared to 2014?

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Seems the whole area is down around here. We seem to be as busy, but not as many big ticket items as the last few years.

While many say the economy is turning around..... you can't prove it around here.

Real estate signs are really in abundance. Almost everything is for sale or lease.

3. visual800

visual800 Very Active Member

Aug 4, 2010
    montgomery, alabama
    Sucks in Montgomery. No call for monument signage. All the middle class are leaving because of school system, the local mall has been taken over by koreans, indians and cell phone stores. This place is turning into a little detroit

4. reQ

reQ Very Active Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Canada
    This year is good for me. Many bigger projects (5-10k jobs) can't complain to much

5. mgriff

mgriff Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Sales overall (Screen Printing, Embroidery, & Signs) is up by about 15% over last year in the first quarter. For this month sales are uncharted as I have sold my screen printing side of the business and have been building a 24' enclosed trailer to use for mobile signs and install services. Hope the rest of the year is at least as good as last year.

6. tomence

tomence Very Active Member

Feb 10, 2009
    IL
    I have already doubled by now comparing to last year, can't complain.

7. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    Business is good.
    Got all I need or want to pay everybody with a little left over for me sometimes.

I can't complain.

There is a lot of work out there.
    If your not swamped it's up to you to get
    out there and find the work you want.

8. Hero Signs

Hero Signs If they let me make it, they will come

Sep 19, 2011
    rosenberg,tx
    Best year in 39 years of the company. Houston is growing.

9. Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay?

Pixels Are Bad Mmmkay? Very Active Member

We're a small two man operation in our fourth year of business. First year we did about $110,000 in sales. Second year, we did closer to $140,000. Last year we hit around $170,000. This year we are projecting to easily surpass $200,000 in sales. Business is great and I'm far from broke, like I was three years ago, so I'm happy with things.

10. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Really having a hard time keeping up. My one full time guy is working a lot of OT lately, so I have to bite the bullet and figure out how to manage hiring a second. Sales are up just over 40% from last year, but every job seems to be rush, rush, rush. Nobody seems to plan anymore... Seems like we're finally graduating into bigger and better jobs, but still a ton of the usual banners, yard signs, real estate stuff, etc...

11. eddesign

eddesign Member

Sep 30, 2009
    to busy

biz is doing good can not wait till new shop is done up by 40 present from last year

Attached Files:

12. catldavis

catldavis Member

Oct 4, 2013
    Florida
    I'd love to know how the guys down here in Florida are doing...