• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How's this Look

This is a something I have been working on for a moto racing team. I put team and racing in there, but it looked too busy. what do you guys think? Thanks for your opinion.

Attachments

• F&A.jpg
    F&A.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 182

artbot

looking very cool... the only thing that jumps out at me is the spacing. maybe if the "and" was straight across you could tie the negative space in the F and A? you got the top and bottom of the F and A long and straight. i think the "and" should keep that motif. ...classic antique motor company meets hot rod. right now it's a bit too much hot rod.

Jillbeans

I don't think it's suitable either, too tearoom looking.
If you are going to use it, tighten it up and tone down the white parts in the pinstriping cliparts to grey. They should just be accents.
I don't think that font has an actual ampersand, which could help it to look more concise.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like it, but I would advise to make the flared ‘F’ not as you have it. To me it looks odd. The ’A’ is fine. I’d also make ‘and’ smaller, thus closing up the gap somewhat. People’s subliminal will automatically put the ‘and’ in there somehow……. :wink:

I really like the name !! That was a saying I grew up using and still use to this day…… :Oops:

Thanks for all your input! I made the AND smaller, tried the ampersand, and tried the what Jill suggested.

Attachments

• 3.0.jpg
    3.0.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 155
  • 4.0.jpg
    4.0.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 163
  • 5.0.jpg
    5.0.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 98

jscarl

Man it is a real toss up between #2 & #3. I like the outlines in #2. Is it going onto a black substrate?

GypsyGraphics

I like this very much. Just a thought though, on versions 2 or 3...what if you modified the arm of the "F" to wrap around the "&."
this is just a quickie mod, you probably want to adjusts the spacing some.
5.0.jpg
Or maybe even modify both the arm of the "F" and the crossbar of the "A" to a custom shape around the "&"