• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

hp 10000s cyan dropout

woahdude

im having inconsistent cyan dropout on my hp 10000s. right now its been dropping out around 10' into a 12' banner, sometimes i make it through ok. after every banner i do a wash printhead for 5 minutes and then a normal cleaning. the iq test always looks perfect afterwards, but then may dropout on the next banner.

when i can, i leave the printer in wash printhead over night. every morning i clean the capping station and wipers. i recently read to fill the capping station with cap cleaning solution which has the same effect as the wash printhead method, works for a while but eventually the heads still clog up.

heres the thing, i cant get a tech to look at it. i also really dont want to start taking the printer apart replacing random parts. is there any better methods for cleaning or tests to figure out just what is happening?

C

ColoPrinthead

Are you running gutters? When I worked with a 10K in the past I always had drop out issues when I wasn't running gutters (unless all colors were used for the entire length of the image).

I agree with jhill, it could be the dampers too.

woahdude

Are you running gutters? When I worked with a 10K in the past I always had drop out issues when I wasn't running gutters (unless all colors were used for the entire length of the image).

I agree with jhill, it could be the dampers too.

you mean the color strip? if so yes i run the color strip. also these particular banners were full coverage blue which has cyan in the mix. if its not a blue heavy banner then the cyan on the color strip lasts much longer, but it does fade eventually

Quix

Maybe it's not clogged ink and it's starvation.
You could have air leaking through the ink lines (check from the dampers to the printheads first)