Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp 10000s cyan dropout

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by woahdude, Aug 2, 2012.

1. woahdude

woahdude Member

Oct 25, 2011
    im having inconsistent cyan dropout on my hp 10000s. right now its been dropping out around 10' into a 12' banner, sometimes i make it through ok. after every banner i do a wash printhead for 5 minutes and then a normal cleaning. the iq test always looks perfect afterwards, but then may dropout on the next banner.

when i can, i leave the printer in wash printhead over night. every morning i clean the capping station and wipers. i recently read to fill the capping station with cap cleaning solution which has the same effect as the wash printhead method, works for a while but eventually the heads still clog up.

heres the thing, i cant get a tech to look at it. i also really dont want to start taking the printer apart replacing random parts. is there any better methods for cleaning or tests to figure out just what is happening?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    might be a clogged damper

3. ColoPrinthead

ColoPrinthead Swollen Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Donkeytown, Colorado
    Are you running gutters? When I worked with a 10K in the past I always had drop out issues when I wasn't running gutters (unless all colors were used for the entire length of the image).

I agree with jhill, it could be the dampers too.

4. woahdude

woahdude Member

Oct 25, 2011
    you mean the color strip? if so yes i run the color strip. also these particular banners were full coverage blue which has cyan in the mix. if its not a blue heavy banner then the cyan on the color strip lasts much longer, but it does fade eventually

5. Quix

Quix Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Mexico
    Maybe it's not clogged ink and it's starvation.
    You could have air leaking through the ink lines (check from the dampers to the printheads first)