• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 1500 Latex print error

Hi All,

We have an error on our HP 1500 Latex which is preventing it from printing.

The message is "Unable to print because print system is not ready for current substrate"

We are able to do most other operations such as print test prints, head alignments etc, but as soon as we load a print file and try to print we get this message.

We have been working on it with HP for 24 hours now and they are unable to give an answer.

Has anyone had this message on a 1500 or any other HP Latex?

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I hate to be that guy, but have to you tried to doing a hard restart/ reset? Completely pull all power from the machine for 20-30 seconds? I dealt with an earlyer model HP grand and it tossed me so many software issues and I wasted so much time inspecting files about it. If a hard reset doesn't work, I would say to start look for unneeded or unwanted media sensor that HP's engineers live to waste their time on while making sure that your hands will bleed if when you have to do real service work on your plastic printer for dummies.

Does yours have the mechanised lifting top or did they axe that waste of time?

I hate to be that guy, but have to you tried to doing a hard restart/ reset? Completely pull all power from the machine for 20-30 seconds? I dealt with an earlyer model HP grand and it tossed me so many software issues and I wasted so much time inspecting files about it. If a hard reset doesn't work, I would say to start look for unneeded or unwanted media sensor that HP's engineers live to waste their time on while making sure that your hands will bleed if when you have to do real service work on your plastic printer for dummies.

Does yours have the mechanised lifting top or did they axe that waste of time?

Thanks Raymond, We had it turned off a couple of times yesterday and left it turned off overnight and we are getting the same error message.
I might do it again as I don't think we disconnected the power cable - shouldn't make much difference but will try anything at the moment.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I had some weird quirks with the grand latex I used to run, I never figured them out, but I managed to make them work. That HP RIP software looks simple, but has a lot of quirks, you might spend more time reviewing every option it offers to see if something not relevant may be holding it up. I remember rebooting the software and loading the damn thing by myself more than actual time I ever spent running it.

Please share your findings.

jasonx

Does it happen on all print files? I had a weird issue with my 3200 where some files name would give a strange error. In the folder, there are four files that correspond to a job. I renamed them to like A.ext etc.

We are back up and running - the solution was reloading and updating the firmware.
We had some electrical issues to the building earlier in the week and lost power several times. This seems to have caused issues with internal communication between the IPS computer and other parts of the machine. We escalated the problem with HP service and one of their tech's was able to remote in and do the work.
Looks like we have lost all profiles but we can rewrite them without too much work.