• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 25500 white space WTF!?!"!

ProWraps

why does it cycle the head for white space instead of advancing like the mutohs do?~!?? UGH~!!!!!!!

slowy mcslowenstein!!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm guessing that if it quickly advanced over the blank white space in a layout the trailing vinyl would not have time to heat up to the 3000 degrees needed to fuse the ink.

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

new problem. in flexi, after every 7th panel, there is a 60" blank white space inserted. aka, wasted media.. WTF!?!?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Even though they print like slugs don't you more than make up for it on the back end, not having to wait overnight to lam and/or install?

wayne k
guam usa

JoshLoring

GAC05 said:
Even though they print like slugs don't you more than make up for it on the back end, not having to wait overnight to lam and/or install?

wayne k
guam usa

With what he's printing.. And how many miles of material he runs.. Off gassing isnt a problem either way.
Chris- next time I print on 3M I will clock the sf per hour.

Issue is that those machines are not meant for full on production. At $12k a unit it is what it is.

If you want true production and throughput for medium volume may want to consider more industrial machine like the lx600. Still kinda slow but light speed compared to those little boxes.

You may not like the price tag up front but you will be happy in the long run...

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
That sounds like your default roll length got reset or is too short. Could very well be something else though. I think the default sizes in Flexi are 600 inches. I have mine set as 1800 inches as the default in the machine setup in Production Manager. I've had it get reset though or using one of the default sizes that are at 600 inches and running a long job it sticks a ginormous space in between the 2 panels that land where it thinks the end of the rolls is.

new problem. in flexi, after every 7th panel, there is a 60" blank white space inserted. aka, wasted media.. WTF!?!?

Attachments

• length.jpg
    length.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 59

HulkSmash

Issue is that those machines are not meant for full on production. At $12k a unit it is what it is.

If you want true production and throughput for medium volume may want to consider more industrial machine like the lx600. Still kinda slow but light speed compared to those little boxes.

You may not like the price tag up front but you will be happy in the long run...

Not necessarily - We print 10 hrs a day on that machine and it's flawless.. He's Just having RIP issues.

genericname

When I ran Flexi, I seem to remember running into the same issue with the settings mentioned above by SightLine, combined with just sending to RIP before specifically selecting what I wanted to RIP. Try drawing a marquee around the objects you want to print, then when in the RIP and Print dialogue, reduce the document size to the print area.

genericname

Oh! I almost forgot... make sure the "Selection only" button has been pressed.

Attachments

• selection.jpg
    selection.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 55

gnemmas

I mentioned this "printing BLANK space" of this printer earlier using Wasatch rip. The print head will travel the full width and length even there is no image. Thus a 3'x10' banner with 5' of image in the middle, the printhead will travel the full 3x10 area instead like Mutoh, which will skip the blank area. Slow the thru-put to 50%.

HP says it is the rip, Wasatch says it is the printer.

An Onyx rip user says theirs won't do that.

Aklaim

It doesn't advance because it still has to dry and cure the ink that was printed ahead of the white space. If it just advanced forward the ink would never dry.

ProWraps

That sounds like your default roll length got reset or is too short. Could very well be something else though. I think the default sizes in Flexi are 600 inches. I have mine set as 1800 inches as the default in the machine setup in Production Manager. I've had it get reset though or using one of the default sizes that are at 600 inches and running a long job it sticks a ginormous space in between the 2 panels that land where it thinks the end of the rolls is.

perfect. thank you that was exactly the problem and your solution fixed it.