• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 2600 latex printing on clear for opal acrylic faced light box sign cabinet

Mal Ross

Mal Ross
Hi all on the best site on the net.
I am having a problem printing on clear vinyl for a light box (back lit )sign
HP 2600 latex 1500mmwide
I printed the sign at 20 passes with the inks at 75% and it is VERY washed out looking at night with the flouros on
Any suggestions
HELP !!
cheers
Mal

Mal Ross

Mal Ross
HP

i print twice, once on translucent and once on clear and mount one over another.

I wont be able to line it up as it has a lot of txt I guess I could if I wet mount it but I
was after settings
I am now printing at 100% all colours and more curing heat as a sample
Thanks for you input mate
Mal

Mal Ross

Mal Ross
rip is Poster shop... profile is normal
100% all colors and heat 90 and is now printing well
I will check my sample print in a light box

Bly

There should be a backlit film setting which puts down a load more ink.
In Onyx for my 25500 there's a Kodak Universal Backlit media.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
HP 2600? A Color Laserjet? Or is this the HP 26500? And if you're printing on clear for a backlit, yes, it will be washed out. Inks are very translucent. You can print on clear but need to mount to white acrylic. And there are other things you should do to print for backlit....search the forum for all the helpful hints.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Again with HP 2600.... that's a small color Laserjet. Do you mean Hp 26500?

Mal Ross

Mal Ross
HP 2600? A Color Laserjet? Or is this the HP 26500? And if you're printing on clear for a backlit, yes, it will be washed out. Inks are very translucent. You can print on clear but need to mount to white acrylic. And there are other things you should do to print for backlit....search the forum for all the helpful hints.

Its its called a HP latex 260 now called 2600 in Aus
Thanks I shall print on clear and mount it on white This make total sense and thank you..

I am also using the back lit profile but turning up the colours to 100% and the heat curing to 116