• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 26500 Color Library Not Found When trying to add on board spectrometer

Cmiller01

Printer
Hi All,
I cannot get our HP L26500 to calibrate using the on board eye1 . Never worked from day 1. Throws an error in Onyx when trying to add it.
I included a screen shot of the error. Says cannot initialize color library. I called HP and they said it was an Onyx error. Onyx is looking into it currently but its been 3 days and I really need this fixed.

I also am also now having trouble with my contour cutter, the hp is printing really short marks and the barcode is in the middle of the file instead of the to right like it used to be...it is writing a cut file, and shows in Cut Server, reads the marks but refuses to cut it. I had 2 corrupt quicksets ( not the contour cutting quickset, though) so I made a new one to be on the safe side. It does the same thing with the new quickset and the old quickset. I have about had it with this HP.Nobody seems to know what is going on with it. I had been using it for months without an issue.

Attached is a picture of the error screen I am getting for the calibration issue..... thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot-Error.jpg
    Screen Shot-Error.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 88

DougWestwood

Hp 28500

Hi C Miller!
We got the larger model, the HP 28500 about a year ago. Had many issues with materials and profiles. Tech support, both from HP and with support personnel from the vendor, were not a loot of help.

There were many problems with parts of the machine just breaking during normal usage. The loading handle, the ink cartridge assembly, currently the tension bar clip is loose and rattling. A tech came to replace the loading handle, and broke it himself while testing it the first time.

We got the separate Eye1 calibrator. Have had sporadic luck in using it. The OMAS feature has never worked on our machine. Seems to me with your batch of problems that your machine might be giving you the trouble, not ONYX. I think they update the software automatically, and you might have a corrupted file inside your machine.

Our machine previously stopped and killed the job when an ink ran dry. Now, it stops and waits for a new cartridge, and then continues the job. No tech made any changes between these two functions. We can only assume it was a remote software fix.

Keep hammering on HP and your vendor, if the machine is still under warranty. Be public about it, too, like going on Signs 101, etc....

Good Luck!
- Doug
FastSigns Vancouver

Cmiller01

Printer
Wow Doug!
Ours has had a handfull of issues. Color issues being one of them, but we dont use an eye one. We used to have two Mimaki Jv3's with no color issues other than from the normal stuff. Just seems like the more bells and whistles the more of a pain they are. I am going to email HP and onyx again to see if I can get this resolved.
Not much on ours has broken but its very buggy. We updated the firmware and it seemed to help. I am wondering a full new install of Onyx is in order for us given the buggy issues i've been having.

Our OMAS sensor is buggy, sometimes it says its not reading but most of the time it works. I have never had banding on the machine in 6 months and the quality is great. If we werent having color issues, and now for this contour cut issue, I would say that I pretty much love it.

Hi All,
I cannot get our HP L26500 to calibrate using the on board eye1 . Never worked from day 1. Throws an error in Onyx when trying to add it.
I included a screen shot of the error. Says cannot initialize color library. I called HP and they said it was an Onyx error. Onyx is looking into it currently but its been 3 days and I really need this fixed.

I also am also now having trouble with my contour cutter, the hp is printing really short marks and the barcode is in the middle of the file instead of the to right like it used to be...it is writing a cut file, and shows in Cut Server, reads the marks but refuses to cut it. I had 2 corrupt quicksets ( not the contour cutting quickset, though) so I made a new one to be on the safe side. It does the same thing with the new quickset and the old quickset. I have about had it with this HP.Nobody seems to know what is going on with it. I had been using it for months without an issue.

Attached is a picture of the error screen I am getting for the calibration issue..... thanks for your help!

The on-board color instrument needs to be loaded from the Media Manager application, not from RIP-Queue. From Media Manager, click Configure Devices > Configure Color Sampling Devices > HP L26500. Note that the on-board i1 device can be used for recalibrating a media (new linearization), but not for building ICC profiles.

Cmiller01

Printer
The on-board color instrument needs to be loaded from the Media Manager application, not from RIP-Queue. From Media Manager, click Configure Devices > Configure Color Sampling Devices > HP L26500. Note that the on-board i1 device can be used for recalibrating a media (new linearization), but not for building ICC profiles.

Hello- I actually tried this this morning via media manager upon reading this on an onyx forum. It gives the same error as doing it from the RIP Que "Cannot initialize color library". Any suggestions?

Hello- I actually tried this this morning via media manager upon reading this on an onyx forum. It gives the same error as doing it from the RIP Que "Cannot initialize color library". Any suggestions?
I have not seen this error before, but I would take the following steps: 1. perform a cold boot of the printer 2. perform a cold boot of the computer with Onyx loaded. 3. ensure that no anti-virus program is actively running on the RIP computer 4. ensure that no other ICC profile software is running (such as i1Match, ProfileMaker, i1Profiler, or Monaco Profiler. Then attempt to configure the on-board i1 unit via Media Manager. If that fails, the next step is to get with Onyx Support directly.