• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 26500. one head issue...always same head..

struthmuffin

Anyone ever see the same head going out over and over?

All heads work great except the #4 black. its always in warranty but always either dies completely or needs 5 or 6 cleaning cycles on it to get it back.. never an issue with any others.. and its under warranty everytime which is nice... but annoying and will end up banding prints before we notice.

What happens if you swap the positions of the two black/ yellow heads (does the problem stay in the same position or move with the heads)?

struthmuffin

What happens if you swap the positions of the two black/ yellow heads (does the problem stay in the same position or move with the heads)?

Thats a really great question. Ill hold this and report back once it starts to lose its print again. Could be a day could be a week. Will let you know!

Much appreciated for the suggestion!

MMG

Is quite weird that you only have this issue with the black head. I will like to know if the solution of swapping printheads work, if not, although it might seem a bit obvious, I will recommend you the following:

1. Shake the head 6 times before introducing it in its slot as the packaging indicates.
2. Store the printheads in vertical position following the the arrows of the packaging.

If the issues persists, I will ask you to contact support since you are still under warranty, because it could be a problem with the printhead servicing or a problem of the printhead's slot #4.