• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 310 Printing greys with a green hue

MasterKW

I am wondering if anyone has had an issue with their latex printer printing gray's with a green hue? The machine is just over a year old and we have had no other problems. It was recommended to replace the printheads after 1000ml of use, we did that and it is still not right. HP support has been here and they seem to just throw parts at it. Has anyone seen this happen or have any idea what to do next. Thank you

Green2.jpg Green1.jpg green3.jpg green3close.jpg

dypinc

I am wondering if anyone has had an issue with their latex printer printing gray's with a green hue? The machine is just over a year old and we have had no other problems. It was recommended to replace the printheads after 1000ml of use, we did that and it is still not right. HP support has been here and they seem to just throw parts at it. Has anyone seen this happen or have any idea what to do next. Thank you

What are you do for color management?

Are you creating your own profiles?

Or are you just throwing canned profiles at it, that come from who knows where or from who knows what firmware version they were created under?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
HP support has been here and they seem to just throw parts at it.

What parts are they replacing to fix poor color management? That is usually the reason for greenish greys, or orangish reds, or purple blues. You need correct profiles for the media you are running, as well as correct color settings in your files. I never had good reds or greys UNTIL using HP Latex, so it's not an inherent printer issue, and certainly not one that requires "HP throwing parts at it". If you still have issues after they replaced stuff, you should be realizing it's not the printer.

MasterKW

What are you do for color management?

Are you creating your own profiles?

Or are you just throwing canned profiles at it, that come from who knows where or from who knows what firmware version they were created under?

Yes they are my own profiles. I have used them since day 1. At first HP had me make new profiles, and it didn't fix them. The last 2 pics are HP's internal pics, not from my profiles. Guess i'm new at color management, not sure how to adjust that. The program we use is Flexi-Sign Pro

MasterKW

What parts are they replacing to fix poor color management? That is usually the reason for greenish greys, or orangish reds, or purple blues. You need correct profiles for the media you are running, as well as correct color settings in your files. I never had good reds or greys UNTIL using HP Latex, so it's not an inherent printer issue, and certainly not one that requires "HP throwing parts at it". If you still have issues after they replaced stuff, you should be realizing it's not the printer.

First they fixed the Line Sensor, then the PCA board in the Carriage unit. The Tech believes it might be the maintenance cartridge, hitting the printheads. I don't believe this is the problem.

dypinc

First they fixed the Line Sensor, then the PCA board in the Carriage unit. The Tech believes it might be the maintenance cartridge, hitting the printheads. I don't believe this is the problem.

On closer look at your samples it does appear that there could be a problem with the light magenta. What does it print like if you make a media preset with only using CMYK and then create a new profile for that setting?

MasterKW

On closer look at your samples it does appear that there could be a problem with the light magenta. What does it print like if you make a media preset with only using CMYK and then create a new profile for that setting?

The Same

dypinc

Then I would say the first place to look is your profile making software or spectro.

Have you compared the output from your profiles with the latest profiles that HP installed when you last updated the firmware?

MasterKW

Then I would say the first place to look is your profile making software or spectro.

Have you compared the output from your profiles with the latest profiles that HP installed when you last updated the firmware?

Would my software affect the output of a print done internally from the printer?
Not yet. Since it's green from the internal print HP knows it's a problem on their end and not from my software. One day it just started printing that way, but of course it was on the 60' for my own truck. we didn't realize it until we started laying it all out.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Would my software affect the output of a print done internally from the printer?
Not yet. Since it's green from the internal print HP knows it's a problem on their end and not from my software. One day it just started printing that way, but of course it was on the 60' for my own truck. we didn't realize it until we started laying it all out.
Did you recently update the firmware before it happened?

aaronmgd

Is it greenish before lamination? or only after? Laminate (especially 3m 8518) tends to give a greenish hue....

Vinyldog

My L310 printed a beautiful mint green company logo today. Unfortunately it was supposed to be gray. As someone mentioned, the O.210 Semi-gloss lam I used seemed to make it worse. I corrected the problem by replacing the RGB color supplied by the customer with a CMYK for P7568C.
However in the past I have corrected the problem by changing from the profile specified for the material I was using IM3203 to the one for IJ40.
The material and profile I was using on the logo was GMI CV300. You can also try de-selecting color correction in the RIP menu.

derekw13029

I'm still having the same issue, only my greys print pink.

I have read through the previous thread about firmware updating, no doubt it is the cause.

But new profiles, generated from the generic profiles, does not fix the problem for me. This is a serious flaw, IMO.

EDIT: I'm also thinking of switching back to Flexi v11 because I've had nothing but trouble since going to 12. If a run a sample of several test proofs, at least two of the files get interlaced or something, bands of one image will appear in another. It's really crazy. Had this printer for years before ANY issues, now with updates everything is $@%!ed.

dypinc

I'm still having the same issue, only my greys print pink.

I have read through the previous thread about firmware updating, no doubt it is the cause.

But new profiles, generated from the generic profiles, does not fix the problem for me. This is a serious flaw, IMO.

EDIT: I'm also thinking of switching back to Flexi v11 because I've had nothing but trouble since going to 12. If a run a sample of several test proofs, at least two the files get interlaced or something, bands of one image will appear in another. It's really crazy. Had this printer for years before ANY issues, now with updates everything is $@%!ed.

Are you cloning existing generic media presets or creating New media presets from the Top selection on the media presets list?

derekw13029

Creating New, then choosing the generic profiles from the given list. Not performing any color calibration on said profile. I am taking the values (for passes, ink density, temperature, interpass delay, etc. etc.) from previously working profiles and using them on the NEW profile.

It has not changed anything for me. Could be a print head issue, but from reading through that thread, it seems like that is the cause.

derekw13029

Turning OFF "Color Correction" in Flexi v12 seems to take the pink out of the greys, but I haven't tested that on all medias yet.

What's weird is, I used to ALWAYS have to use Color Correction in Flexi, another reason I was considering reverting back to Flexi 11.