• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question hp 3100z

DSEvans

Question. I have been given a HP 3100Z printer. Up until now I have only done cut vinyl. Can this printer be used to make decals? I understand they would have to be laminated. If it can be used what paper and laminate should I use. I know nothing about this any help would be appreciated. Looking at all the options is mind boggling to me. Thanks in advance.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, I’m not familiar with that particular printer but a quick google leads me to believe it’s a “photo” printer. So I’d assume it’s inks are only meant for indoor use, such as posters, photo prints, canvases, maybe roller banners.

It’s therefor quite unlikely to be suitable for outdoors use on decals, even when laminated.

FrankW

Because that printer needs specific coated media, the selection of available vinyl or banner is small and expensive, as the inks too. Even if laminated, it will not last as long as solvent, Latex or UV-Prints. That printers are meant to print mainly on paper or canvas.

Hi The Hp Z3100 is a great photo quality printer mostly for interior uses. Great for things like posters, canvas prints etc...
It is not a vinyl printer. But there are some vinyls that it will print on. But many that it won't. It is not a latex printer after all.
if you need anything, you may contact us at wideimagesolutionscom