Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question hp 3100z

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DSEvans, Apr 12, 2020.

1. DSEvans

DSEvans New Member

Mar 12, 2020
    USA
    Question. I have been given a HP 3100Z printer. Up until now I have only done cut vinyl. Can this printer be used to make decals? I understand they would have to be laminated. If it can be used what paper and laminate should I use. I know nothing about this any help would be appreciated. Looking at all the options is mind boggling to me. Thanks in advance.

Tags:
  2. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Firstly, welcome to the forum!

Secondly, I’m not familiar with that particular printer but a quick google leads me to believe it’s a “photo” printer. So I’d assume it’s inks are only meant for indoor use, such as posters, photo prints, canvases, maybe roller banners.

It’s therefor quite unlikely to be suitable for outdoors use on decals, even when laminated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. FrankW

FrankW Very Active Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Germany
    Because that printer needs specific coated media, the selection of available vinyl or banner is small and expensive, as the inks too. Even if laminated, it will not last as long as solvent, Latex or UV-Prints. That printers are meant to print mainly on paper or canvas.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wide Image Solutions

Wide Image Solutions Member

Jan 7, 2020
    Rockwall, TX
    Hi The Hp Z3100 is a great photo quality printer mostly for interior uses. Great for things like posters, canvas prints etc...
    It is not a vinyl printer. But there are some vinyls that it will print on. But many that it won't. It is not a latex printer after all.
    if you need anything, you may contact us at wideimagesolutionscom