• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 Exchanged for SureColor to cut small stickers to perfection

Micheal

Hey guys im sure you have seen my posts about the cut alignment issues and me being not able to cut small stickers correctly with inconsistent results throughout the sheet - I know some of you thought I did it wrong, even I did at one point but ive done over 320 test prints alone lol with every setting possible changed and nothing works some will say that it does it fine and im losing my mind but if you are doing small stickers with fine detail this machine is not for you - the cuts are like a lottery system if they are on point you are lucky.

Got my surecolor and graphtec yesterday did my first print and cut and the cuts are flawless - perfect even.

There is no doubt in my mind that the latex HP is not capable of doing these small stickers to perfection, pretty close but not perfect if you need the cuts to be dead on this machine is not for you.

Other notes :

If you use painters tape at the edge of your media (half on and half off the edge) then fold it over so both sides of the edge are covered you can now print from that tape rather then wasting a bunch of media, someone taught me this trick and it works like a charm.

HP was helpful and reached out to me to try and fix but by the end of the troubleshooting they seemed to think that the results I was achieving are the best i would get and any other print and cut system would give me the same results - this is not the case

FLEXI - when doing any stickers my cuts are shifted downwards on FLEXI+, not sure if any of you have noticed this but when testing the unit i was using thrive and flexi side by side with same exact prints and always the flexi would be shifted down (tried with multiple computers)

Thanks just giving an update on my issues and maybe info to someone that needs it.

cstone94

Pro-Graphx
What dimensions were the stickers? I print and cut small stickers on my HP latex and Zund G3 flawlessly. Small, big, medium, etc.