• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 Latex Printer Time Out Issue

Salagra

Hello,
I am not sure if this is being posted in the correct place or not and if it isn't please let us know where we should post it. We currently have two HP 315L print & cut printers with plotters. They are hard wired to our network through our router (provided by Spectrum) as well as the computers we print to them from. Lately we have been having an issue with one of the printers where only smaller files will print. Any larger print file will print about half way and error out stating something to the extent of "Job Failed, No info sent to printer". The printer stops printing and the job is automatically aborted. If we send the same file from a different computer connected to our other HP 315, it prints fine and without errors. We are currently using Flexi HP Print & Cut Software with production manager on each of these computers. This just started happening with this printer and I am not sure what to do. The computer that is used for the printer that is coming up with the errors is new installed about two weeks ago, but it was working just fine up until a few days ago. I have heard that it is best to put the computers and printers on a different network using a hub/switch rather than going through our router and I do have all of the hardware needed to do so, but first off, I am a bit unsure on how to properly set up two networks and second, before doing so, I would like to know if anyone has any other ideas of why this could be timing out. I appreciate anyone's input and help. Please let me know if any further information is needed.
Thanks,
Tom

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Likely your something on your network making it happen. You can try another ethernet cable or just move straight to that 2nd network solution.

Salagra

I am guessing the same thing, but we are a bit unsure of how to set up second network. We have an internal network card in each computer that is what the current computer/printer setup is on. We also have external network cards that we plan on using for the second network. I am guessing go from external network cards on each computer to a hub/switch and then out to each printer and plotter with one ethernet cable going out to our regular router for a web connection?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
The whole point is to keep it disconnected from the web so no, do not connect that network to your existing connection.

Its easy to make the connections but you will have to setup the IP etc. manually in every device and software. Now it's too complicated to write down everything to the point so easiest would be if you could grab someone to help you out on-site.

Salagra

My only concern from not having it connected to the web is for firmware, ICC profiles etc to be downloaded, but I guess that can be done manually when needed if it corrects the major problem

Salagra

We just tried sending to the same printer from a different computer as well and it is still timing out. Our other same exact printer connected to the same network does not have this issue. Is there a setting somewhere on the printer itself that we may be missing?