• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 315 Latex Printer

customcreations

I am about to jump ship from my Value Jet Eco-solvent to this HP 315 Latex printer. I would love to speak with someone who is operating with this machine on a day to day basis and just get some general feedback not from a sales persons point of view. Is there anyone who may have a moment to chat over the phone regarding this printer?

stoliker

I am looking into the 315 as a first printer. I would also love to hear about the ACTUAL costs and reviews, not just the sales figures.

ikarasu

What would you like to hear? Cost I can't say... as for reviews on quality... I'm coming from a Seiko H2-74s, a $60,000 printer. I love everything about the Latex... The only downside is I have yet to find a good reflective media thats as cheap as the Eco-solvents that works. The latex can print on a lot of media the Ecosolv couldn't, but there are still some medias the evosolcent printed on better... Namely 3290 Reflective.

The user replacable print heads are great... The front loading has its ups and downs. User maintenance is almost non-existant compared to the ecosolvent, which is a plus.

When you need to print a piece quickly, the 2-3 minute warm up time, and 2-3 minute dry time at the end sucks. It was definatelly faster to print a single job on the ecosolvent... But of course you're not supposed to laminate that 1 job for a day, where as latex you can. So again.. ups and downs.

Theres lots of information on Latex already posted. People either hate, or love it... Most loving it and not wanting to ever go back to ecosolvent. But that also varies on your shops needs. It's best to research latex posts on here, and if something isn't asked/answered, feel free to make a post asking it!