Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP 315 LATEX PRINTING SPOTS

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by depps74, Jun 7, 2019.

1. depps74

depps74 Guest

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    Just noticed I'm getting spots in my printing. I did recently replace the optimizer cartdridge. But I ran a print head cleaning. Any ideas why this is happening?

Attached Files:

2. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
    Looks like bad media. Are you getting that on all medias?

3. depps74

depps74 Guest

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    I have not tried any other medias yet. I was printing on it fine a week ago. 3mIJ35 pretty reliable. I did just run the media calibration chart and it looks like its a color saturation issue? But I suspect it really is the optimizer because I just replaced that cartdridge and this is when it started happening.

4. ikarasu

ikarasu Very Active Member

Jun 10, 2016
    Port Coquitlam, bc
    Is it ij35 matte? Our grimco rep told me ij35 Matte has known issues with latex and to stay away from it. Apparently it's intermediate in some rolls.... Not sure if he said it was spotty or had banding.

We used to use matte a lot in our solvent, haven't tried with our latex per his recommendation... So not sure if it's true or he just wanted to stock more gloss and keep people away from matte!

5. John at Aegis QP

John at Aegis QP New Member

Mar 7, 2019
    San Diego
    re: the calibration chart, what do you see? Why do you think it is a saturation issue? re: the new optimizer printhead, can you put the old one back in to see what happens (if you still have it)?

6. depps74

depps74 Guest

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    The saturation section in my media calibration test seemed to indicate that was it, because the image looks spotty like the test says to evaluate. I did not replace the optimizer printhead, I replaced the optimizer cartridge.

7. depps74

depps74 Guest

Apr 28, 2016
    ct
    It now seems to be printing really faint, almost like there is not enough ink %.

8. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    any pics? what is the date on the media? it does have a shelf life. I have a 360 and 560....Id look at environment first(is it near an ac, is it in a warehouse? what are your heater setting? if the media is old latex is prone to poor image quality from plasticizer migration...can look like white spots...I have seen too much optimizer can cause this as well...pics would help...