• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 315 LATEX PRINTING SPOTS

depps74

Just noticed I'm getting spots in my printing. I did recently replace the optimizer cartdridge. But I ran a print head cleaning. Any ideas why this is happening?

Attachments

• IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    431.4 KB · Views: 457

depps74

Looks like bad media. Are you getting that on all medias?
I have not tried any other medias yet. I was printing on it fine a week ago. 3mIJ35 pretty reliable. I did just run the media calibration chart and it looks like its a color saturation issue? But I suspect it really is the optimizer because I just replaced that cartdridge and this is when it started happening.

ikarasu

Is it ij35 matte? Our grimco rep told me ij35 Matte has known issues with latex and to stay away from it. Apparently it's intermediate in some rolls.... Not sure if he said it was spotty or had banding.

We used to use matte a lot in our solvent, haven't tried with our latex per his recommendation... So not sure if it's true or he just wanted to stock more gloss and keep people away from matte!

I did just run the media calibration chart and it looks like its a color saturation issue? But I suspect it really is the optimizer because I just replaced that cartdridge and this is when it started happening.

re: the calibration chart, what do you see? Why do you think it is a saturation issue? re: the new optimizer printhead, can you put the old one back in to see what happens (if you still have it)?

depps74

re: the calibration chart, what do you see? Why do you think it is a saturation issue? re: the new optimizer printhead, can you put the old one back in to see what happens (if you still have it)?
The saturation section in my media calibration test seemed to indicate that was it, because the image looks spotty like the test says to evaluate. I did not replace the optimizer printhead, I replaced the optimizer cartridge.

depps74

The saturation section in my media calibration test seemed to indicate that was it, because the image looks spotty like the test says to evaluate. I did not replace the optimizer printhead, I replaced the optimizer cartridge.
It now seems to be printing really faint, almost like there is not enough ink %.

greysquirrel

any pics? what is the date on the media? it does have a shelf life. I have a 360 and 560....Id look at environment first(is it near an ac, is it in a warehouse? what are your heater setting? if the media is old latex is prone to poor image quality from plasticizer migration...can look like white spots...I have seen too much optimizer can cause this as well...pics would help...