• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 360 banding help

Huntin2

A few months ago we received a HP 360 printer and as of now it was printing perfectly but today we are experiencing banding in our prints. We are trying to print on 3m controltac adhesive vinyl using the 3M driver. We have cleaned the heads and calibrated the machine with no change. Do the heads need to be replaced? Any help would be appreciated.

Andriy

Run the Print all test plots and see if you can get any information out of that.
Might just be a bad print profile.

Huntin2

The print all test didn't show me much but banding. We tried different medias and drivers with no improvement. What firmware is everyone using?

Kwiksigns

wookie
sometimes heads do go bad while in warranty... I would contact hp and send them the serviceplot. they usually send me a head overnighted if it indeed has gone bad

twmiller24

Go to "clean nozzles" and print a test plot. Look for lines that have faint dashes instead of straight lines. I think a print head is bad ... probably LM/LC.

Asuma01

I've noticed that the test prints will print completely fine. But try to send a normal print through and its misfiring all over the place. Just had a cyan head acting up. test prints looked fine. but blues were banded and misfiring. I fixed it by replacing the head but had to guess which one was bad. I got lucky on my first try.
Its been frustrating lately dealing with HP printheads.

Bly

We had problems with magenta and light magenta heads failing prematurely.
Our supplier came and installed a beta firmware which seems to have cleared up the issue.

Davo

We had problems with magenta and light magenta heads failing prematurely.
Our supplier came and installed a beta firmware which seems to have cleared up the issue.

This... our supplier also recommended using this beta firmware but we have taken steps to only print in 4 colour anyway. I'm not comfortable being a guinea pig on our production machines.

or, I would try turning the OMAS off or on and see if it improves things... I know we have banding and huge size discrepancies with this sensor on some medias.