• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 360 Latex print issue. Any ideas what the problem is?

Patrick Bateman

We have been trying to print a gradient that fades out on both ends have noticed a defect in the print in the same area on each end of the print. When we change the feathering of the gradient, it shifts where the defect is then printed. Does anyone know what might be the cause? TIA!

print-defect-2.jpg

DTP2

Possibly the transition area from light to dark inks causing a step in the gradient. Especially as you mention it moves when you change the gradient. You could either try to improve the ICC you are using or try another one?

C

ColoPrinthead

I had a similar issue with a 360 last week, it was a bad/expired LC/LM head that had run less than 1300 ml . . .

Patrick Bateman

Possibly the transition area from light to dark inks causing a step in the gradient. Especially as you mention it moves when you change the gradient. You could either try to improve the ICC you are using or try another one?
Since the issue, I have printed some gradients successfully by reducing the pass from 16 to 12. (The color vibrancy was identical) (Reduced the step speed to help dry the ink) and altered the image file to have some noise.