• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions HP 360 preferred vinyl

mattc5900

I'm curious on what vinyl media everyone is using for the HP 360 latex. I currently use 3M IJ35C matte & gloss for most day to day things here at our shop.. I was wanting to try something different to see if i could get some better color results and maybe cheaper too.. I do know that's asking allot (cheaper better!) but wanted to see what i might find.. Also in Flexi when printing do you turn color correction on or off.. I get various results some of my colors are better turned on and then some better turned off. My Grays esp are way better when turned off. Thank you!

bannertime

Promotional Graphics = Briteline IM3222 / DAF Safeguard
Every day flat signage = Arlon 4600lx / Arlon 3240
Cast = recently been using Briteline wrapCast.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
ALWAYS Color Correction ON. Otherwise it isn't using the profile. If colors are off when you have it on, that is a profile problem. Now if you run a job with it off and you're happy with it, make sure you note that somewhere in your file or production notes so you remember for repeat orders.
That being said, I'm using Avery 2903 for everyday prints, decals, etc. Even vehicle graphics. For longer life vehicle graphics and other outdoor signage, using 3m IJ180V3.

mattc5900

ALWAYS Color Correction ON. Otherwise it isn't using the profile. If colors are off when you have it on, that is a profile problem. Now if you run a job with it off and you're happy with it, make sure you note that somewhere in your file or production notes so you remember for repeat orders.
That being said, I'm using Avery 2903 for everyday prints, decals, etc. Even vehicle graphics. For longer life vehicle graphics and other outdoor signage, using 3m IJ180V3.
I almost always run it with color on.. I was have some color issues on a job and even cloned my profile and re-ran color calibration to see if it helped clear things up and didn't seem to really. I ran it will color off and was allot closer to what i was after.. It was just this job giving me issues but as you noted I will just make notes of this and if i should re-run this will know how to get there.. Thanks a bunch for your input.

cterrell92

HP Prime Air GP vinyl in matte or gloss. It’s around $0.10 less per sq for than ij35c. HP will also have the ICC loaded on the media locator so you can perfect the colors.

mattc5900

I just ran another file with gray's and this is still a problem for me. With color correction turned off they print like i think they should. Please see attached file.. Anyone have any suggestion as to why this is happening.

Attachments

• IMG_1034 (002).jpg
    IMG_1034 (002).jpg
    615.3 KB · Views: 172

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
mattc5900 what rip are you using and are any of these colors Pantone Colors? If you are using Flexi and your issue colors are Pantone turn off Use Color Mapping on the Color Management tab of the job. Try and reprint the job using the settings on the attached screen capture, just make sure that the output profile is the one for the media you have loaded.

Attachments

• Flexi Default Color Management Settings.JPG
    Flexi Default Color Management Settings.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 183

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
HP Prime Air GP vinyl in matte or gloss. It’s around $0.10 less per sq for than ij35c. HP will also have the ICC loaded on the media locator so you can perfect the colors.

That stuff sucks compared to others and its expensive! Had a client threaten my life when I brought it up to him lol. Maybe that's because he hated Lexjet also.

greysquirrel

Didn't you type that you were using 3M media? why the Mojavi profile? Did you download a profile through the printer for 3M IJ35c? I am positive they have one. Did you re-calibrate color back to the reference? Did you try to re-create the icc?
Sorry the mojave profile is making zero sense to me.

I wouldn't fight the system...the 365/560 were intended for the user to manage color at the device. What are your temps in the media profile on the printer?

dypinc

So what is the problem with HP Prime Air GP vinyl?

Since the plasticizer migration issues General Formulations of late especially OAPAE I been looking for a replacement and got a roll of HP Prime Air GP vinyl to try. I haven't seen any issues with it as yet. Be nice to find some 5-6mil air release that works in the Latex printers but have had no luck with that.

Brightline 3201X is out there but it would be preferable to keep the price down.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
greysquirrel I was the one that posted the picture that showed Mojave in the output profile. I didn't intend for them to use that output profile, if you look I only highlighted certain areas of the pictures. These settings are what I wanted the original poster to try.

mattc5900

mattc5900 what rip are you using and are any of these colors Pantone Colors? If you are using Flexi and your issue colors are Pantone turn off Use Color Mapping on the Color Management tab of the job. Try and reprint the job using the settings on the attached screen capture, just make sure that the output profile is the one for the media you have loaded.
I'm using Flexi.. I have tried running files from flexi19 and 12 and getting about the same results. Media is 3M IJ35C and have it selected output for that media and yes color issues seems to be with Pantone. I have not tried turning color mapping which i will do and see what i get.. Thank you for the input!!!