Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP 360 skew after firmware update.

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by XtremeXccessories, Aug 16, 2019.

1. XtremeXccessories

XtremeXccessories Member

May 18, 2012
    Layton, UT
    Recently updated the firmware on our 360 to version NEXUS_01_16_00.7 and ever since then we've been having trouble with skew when loading material. 80+% of the time when we change material it says it has XX mils of skew (not usually the same) and even after we try to readjust (pull up the blue lever, pull on media trying to straighten it out) it says it's still too much. We've just been hitting continue and everything prints fine, but it's annoying when I load the machine, walk away, and try to print only to find out it's stopped because of non-existent skew.

It could just be a coincidence that this started happening around the same time as the firmware update, I was just wondering if anyone else has had any issues since updating.

Thanks.

Tags:
  2. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    How many mils is it saying? There's a setting that sets the threshold for the printer to warn you about. I keep mine at the minimum (I think it's 39) but you can increase it so it doesn't pop up as frequently. I believe it's on the first screen when you first start loading a roll at the top.

The firmware update might have reset your skew setting.

3. XtremeXccessories

XtremeXccessories Member

May 18, 2012
    Layton, UT
    It varies, usually the low 40's and sometimes up to 70 (highest I've seen). I've never changed the threshold amount, just left it at default. Maybe it was higher before, 45 or 50, and got reset.

I'll check that out, thanks.

4. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
  5. XtremeXccessories

XtremeXccessories Member

May 18, 2012
    Layton, UT
  6. BIG EASY DOES IT

BIG EASY DOES IT Very Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    CA
    The line sensor is what tells the machine where the edge of the media is. The firmware might have done something weird to it's algorithm but assuming not. There might be dust/dirt/ink/adhesive built up from normal use etc. It's a simple screw, pull, wipe clean and retry. You could check that. Little grey plastic box on the right front of the carriage

7. dypinc

dypinc Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2011
    CCPUSA
    I just checked from the printer. No NEXUS_01_16_00.7 firmware. Says latest firmware is NEXUS_01_14_00.5.