• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 360 - Trouble Printing on HP Poster Paper

VTSigns

I can't get my 360 to print on HP Poster paper without buckling the paper just enough to scrape the paper and ruin the print. I have used a custom profile and also just about every canned profile from HP that was preloaded in Caldera. Any ideas to help remedy this?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We hear about this issue all the time, especially on the 300 series. Our light weight poster gloss works awesome in all the Latex models and its the most aggressive costing paper on the market. We are also the only company who carries a double sided heavy weight matte version for latex too. If you want a sample just let me know sir.

Signs Express

I can't get my 360 to print on HP Poster paper without buckling the paper just enough to scrape the paper and ruin the print. I have used a custom profile and also just about every canned profile from HP that was preloaded in Caldera. Any ideas to help remedy this?

We've struggled with the same thing. Jack up the vacuum pressure. Default is probably 35.... bring it up to 75 or more. We'll put a couple clamps on the leading edge of the paper until it gets down to the take up reel... then baby sit it until we can slide the weight bar in. After the weight bar is in you're usually good to go. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We've struggled with the same thing. Jack up the vacuum pressure. Default is probably 35.... bring it up to 75 or more. We'll put a couple clamps on the leading edge of the paper until it gets down to the take up reel... then baby sit it until we can slide the weight bar in. After the weight bar is in you're usually good to go. THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!

I can fix those issues if your sick of dealing with that solution. Try my latex poster gloss and be happy about printing paper again!

Sand Dollar

Signs Express is dead on with our fix as well. Put the vacuum pressure up and solved all our problems. We use Flexi, so its an easy change to make.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
we have jams with our paper, banner, and two different print vinyls too!! have to baby sit every job!

Robert Gruner

HP 360

Myron...You really don't like your Latex do you? I would like to propose some ideas that would probably keep you from having to "Babysit all your jobs" :)

First, you might consider buying your paper and vinyl from the BigFish...He resells Latex printers, so I bet his media works just fine!

Second, and probably best is attend HP Latex Acadamy in Atlanta, GA in November. Won't cost you and what you learn will give you new perspective. :)

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Stop using cheap paper. We've started printing many of our posters on curl free polypro.....we get one called Starline - it's essentially what we use in retractable banner stands.

Morkel

If you're sticking with HP paper, the cheap stuff that works brilliantly on the 2nd generation (CG421A) doesn't work on the 300 series. It doesn't feed evenly on each side, so it skews going through, causing both blurring and double-image on the print, as well as there being literally a 3-5% discrepancy in the length from one side to the other.

The newer (but more expensive) N3T50A works perfectly.

tylercrum

We have an L25500 and a 360. We couldn't find a poster paper that would run in both printers well. (One paper worked in one printer but not the other and vice versa.) They pointed us to HP Premium Poster Paper. Prints well in both our printers and our UV printer if need be. We get it from Grimco but after their 'awesome' site redo recently it has disappeared from their site so I have to call or email and order it and it usually ships from HP, so we keep a couple on the shelf. Lexjet carries it as well. Here's a link. http://www.lexjet.com/p-6251-hp-premium-poster-paper.aspx
Also, I'd bet that what Big Ol' Fish up there has would probably work as well. He knows his latex.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Myron...You really don't like your Latex do you? I would like to propose some ideas that would probably keep you from having to "Babysit all your jobs" :)

First, you might consider buying your paper and vinyl from the BigFish...He resells Latex printers, so I bet his media works just fine!

Second, and probably best is attend HP Latex Acadamy in Atlanta, GA in November. Won't cost you and what you learn will give you new perspective. :)

I was not consulted when ordering the 360. First of all I am not against Latex technology itself, it's this model. I have since learned is not suitable for small runs but rather large runs. On any given day we may print 5 banners, then 2 vehicle wraps, then a couple of paper prints, then on to intermediate vinyl for magnets. Loading and unloading is the worst I've ever experienced and requires color profiles out the wazoo.

We had a short training session with our previous printer that was so easily understood almost everyone in our "production department" was able to turn out jobs. Now even after a full day of training only one of us can fully understand it.

Yes, I like the idea of the HP Latex Academy, however I'm not the print tech. My main job is design. The person who usually runs the printer would most benefit from it. Whether or not they can successfully relay any of the training to the rest of is debatable.

Robert Gruner

Myron,

Good printer manufacturers like HP do pay attention to end user feedback! That is exactly why the new 500 series Latex ink printers have a redesigned loading system that is so much superior to the 300 series loading system.
I do believe your company should work with your reseller to get your print operator a trip to HP's Latex Academy. He will get answers to all your concerns plus more.

Good printing!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Myron,

Good printer manufacturers like HP do pay attention to end user feedback! That is exactly why the new 500 series Latex ink printers have a redesigned loading system that is so much superior to the 300 series loading system...

I've seen the 500 series and really pleased that HP has listened. Looks to be a great product.

Morkel

We have an L25500 and a 360. We couldn't find a poster paper that would run in both printers well. (One paper worked in one printer but not the other and vice versa.) They pointed us to HP Premium Poster Paper. Prints well in both our printers and our UV printer if need be. We get it from Grimco but after their 'awesome' site redo recently it has disappeared from their site so I have to call or email and order it and it usually ships from HP, so we keep a couple on the shelf. Lexjet carries it as well. Here's a link. http://www.lexjet.com/p-6251-hp-premium-poster-paper.aspx
Also, I'd bet that what Big Ol' Fish up there has would probably work as well. He knows his latex.

Yep, same stuff that worked for us. A bit more expensive than the CG421A (2nd gen only) but being able to use it on all machines (we have a 260, 280 & 360) is worth it for product consistency.