• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 365 Latex issues

letterhead

Curious if anyone with HP 365 Latex printers has had any issues. I currently have had 3 tech visits, almost every part has been replaced and problem has not been resolved. Color consistency issue. Dark blues printing purple. My case has been open for over 2 weeks and all the techs are scratching their heads. Has anyone encountered this issue before and if so...how was is remedied? If it can't be resolved and is under service contract what is HP's steps to help the customer? Will they get me a new one? A loaner?
I am pretty understanding when it comes with things like this....BUT... I have been down for two weeks?
What are my options, if anyone can answer....Thanks in advance.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
So..... Give us some pictures. Nozzle print as well.
List every part that has been replaced.

Has the printer been tested with another RIP PC and good known test picture?

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I have seen something similar to what you are describing on a customer's 360 and I was also able to reproduce it on our demo 365. The customer was trying to print a black box with a blue (RGB 0,0,255) strip going thru it, see below screen capture. It didn't matter what profile we used or what media was in the printer it always printed purple. I went thru all the standard checks of the print heads, optimizing the profile, trying different files, trying different media, trying different profiles, etc. The customer and I are were both using Flexi 19 to print. I wound up having to go into Production Manager and manually override the output of the blue strip to get it to print correctly. Since I had a resolution that worked for this customer and no one else has reported it to me I didn't look any further into it. I am not sure if it is a Flexi issue or a HP issue. Out of curiosity I do have some questions for you that I have listed below.
  1. What Rip are you using and what is the version?
  2. Are you using a custom made profile or one that was downloaded from the substrate library?
  3. I am assuming that you have tried multiple different ways of generating the file but are they RGB, CMYK, what software are you using to create them and what file format are you saving them in?
  4. Did this all of a sudden happen or have you been having this issue since the unit was installed?
  5. How old is the printer?
Screen Capture of File.PNG

letterhead

I have seen something similar to what you are describing on a customer's 360 and I was also able to reproduce it on our demo 365. The customer was trying to print a black box with a blue (RGB 0,0,255) strip going thru it, see below screen capture. It didn't matter what profile we used or what media was in the printer it always printed purple. I went thru all the standard checks of the print heads, optimizing the profile, trying different files, trying different media, trying different profiles, etc. The customer and I are were both using Flexi 19 to print. I wound up having to go into Production Manager and manually override the output of the blue strip to get it to print correctly. Since I had a resolution that worked for this customer and no one else has reported it to me I didn't look any further into it. I am not sure if it is a Flexi issue or a HP issue. Out of curiosity I do have some questions for you that I have listed below.
  1. What Rip are you using and what is the version?
  2. Are you using a custom made profile or one that was downloaded from the substrate library?
  3. I am assuming that you have tried multiple different ways of generating the file but are they RGB, CMYK, what software are you using to create them and what file format are you saving them in?
  4. Did this all of a sudden happen or have you been having this issue since the unit was installed?
  5. How old is the printer?
Screen Capture of File.PNG

letterhead

Using FlexiSign and Print12.0 Most files are created in Flexi and saved in Flexi. If I export or import files I use PDF or EPS
The HP 365 is 4 years old. Have used Flexi since 1998. Just upgrades when need to.
Use substrate library profiles. This just happened two weeks ago while printing the boat wrap with the dark blue background that gradually
turned purple by the end of the print. Tried Color Muse and plugged in those numbers and still wrong. Color Muse is RGB.
Every part got new parts the past few weeks of tech repairs. Only a few bushings...not related to this issue was not replaced. Basically it's now a new printer.
Everyone, including HP are scratching their heads. Also created files to match CMYK and no change ...still purple.
Yes...this happened all of a sudden (well during printing two weeks ago) Appreciate any suggestions. HP has elevated this case above Level 3

DigitalPrintTech

There is no wrong question, just wrong answers
Have you color calibrated lately? I would grab the Generic SAV profile clone it, be sure to put a check in the Long print box and rename it whatever and perform a color calibration and see if that resolves it. I normally set the first step on the saturation at 100% and lower the heat to 200. Under the advance button make sure vacuum is at 35. I skip the first step to print if you have brand new heads in there, otherwise print the saturation print. The current profile you are using could be out of date or jet replacement has compromised it. These machines are simple and when you say every part, what parts? Heads I understand that, but are you using HP ink? or is it 3rd party? Lots of variable here. When was the last time the PIP was replaced on the magenta? I would inspect the carriage and make sure there is no magenta leaking under where you install the printheads. These machine generate tons of heat and the ink lines and FI towers get brittle, crack and start leaking causing a pressure issue. Messy too!

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Its possible if your carriage PCA was faulty that it also broke those printheads/at least the C-K heads.
So when the PCA was replaced you were still left with faulty new heads.

letterhead

They are sending all new print heads and maintenance cartridge as well. They replaced the primer, encoder, main print circuit board, the color sensor above the ink cartridges etc, etc. He thought it may be a plugged line so he purged them and all are good. I always use HP ink, never 3rd party. Still trying to figure it out.

letterhead

Its possible if your carriage PCA was faulty that it also broke those printheads/at least the C-K heads.
They are sending all new print heads and maintenance cartridge as well. They replaced the primer, encoder, main print circuit board, the color sensor above the ink cartridges etc, etc. He thought it may be a plugged line so he purged them and all are good. I always use HP ink, never 3rd party. Still trying to figure it out.
What is the PCA?

letterhead

Have you color calibrated lately? I would grab the Generic SAV profile clone it, be sure to put a check in the Long print box and rename it whatever and perform a color calibration and see if that resolves it. I normally set the first step on the saturation at 100% and lower the heat to 200. Under the advance button make sure vacuum is at 35. I skip the first step to print if you have brand new heads in there, otherwise print the saturation print. The current profile you are using could be out of date or jet replacement has compromised it. These machines are simple and when you say every part, what parts? Heads I understand that, but are you using HP ink? or is it 3rd party? Lots of variable here. When was the last time the PIP was replaced on the magenta? I would inspect the carriage and make sure there is no magenta leaking under where you install the printheads. These machine generate tons of heat and the ink lines and FI towers get brittle, crack and start leaking causing a pressure issue. Messy too!
We have done color calibrations about 15 times in the past two weeks. I will try your suggestion to clone it. Use only HP ink. What is the PIP?
Machine is super clean...no leaks anywhere.

DigitalPrintTech

There is no wrong question, just wrong answers
The PIP is what controls the pressure to the PH. They usually throw errors, but I have seen them just be faulty with no errors. If ink is dropping out after starting good, then I would be looking at that for sure. I am not sure why the encoder was replaced, that has nothing to do with the ink delivery system. Weird! Good Luck

letterhead

The PIP is what controls the pressure to the PH. They usually throw errors, but I have seen them just be faulty with no errors. If ink is dropping out after starting good, then I would be looking at that for sure. I am not sure why the encoder was replaced, that has nothing to do with the ink delivery system. Weird! Good Luck
Had issues with encoder that got resolved, but they choose to replace it at this point.

Purfect

Using FlexiSign and Print12.0 Most files are created in Flexi and saved in Flexi. If I export or import files I use PDF or EPS
The HP 365 is 4 years old. Have used Flexi since 1998. Just upgrades when need to.
Use substrate library profiles. This just happened two weeks ago while printing the boat wrap with the dark blue background that gradually
turned purple by the end of the print. Tried Color Muse and plugged in those numbers and still wrong. Color Muse is RGB.
Every part got new parts the past few weeks of tech repairs. Only a few bushings...not related to this issue was not replaced. Basically it's now a new printer.
Everyone, including HP are scratching their heads. Also created files to match CMYK and no change ...still purple.
Yes...this happened all of a sudden (well during printing two weeks ago) Appreciate any suggestions. HP has elevated this case above Level 3
Back at another shop we had used Flexi and would see a huge color shift depending on how we saved the file. We would print with a PDF and cut with EPS. "IF" by chance a file got saved as an EPS first it would print WAY OFF.
Once we graduated and moved to Illustrator as our go to program we didn't have any issues with color and as a matter of fact our contour cuts got much better using Cut Master out of Illustrator.
Best of luck

tattoo.dan

I must really be the only one who would adjust their colors in rip design to look the way I want when printed...[HASHTAG]#brokeoldschool[/HASHTAG]