• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 Latex - Pip Floater

kenWhite61

Hey guys, I have replaced my pip floater and restarted printer and I still get the pop up notice saying the yellow ink sensor not working properly...any one got any advice?.. Thank you kindly

balstestrat

Problem Solver
That plastic wouldn't give the error.

Did you calibrate the sensor? There was no leakage in the machine? Even a tiny drop of dried ink in the wire connector can make it short and fail.

Lastly maybe the PCA has problem but unlikely.

kenWhite61

That plastic wouldn't give the error.

Did you calibrate the sensor? There was no leakage in the machine? Even a tiny drop of dried ink in the wire connector can make it short and fail.

Lastly maybe the PCA has problem but unlikely.
first, thanks... i went through the process of calibrating .. put in the 10 numbers ( if they were the correct 10 numbers ) ...and there wasn't any leakage....everything went very well or it surely seemed to be easy, but when printer came on it got the error saying yellow Ink sensor not working properly...

kenWhite61

the pip came with a syringe and I don't know what that's for, is that a step i need to include in the process...is there a good source for videos, the ones i find are not very thorough?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Check the cable connections again, check that you didn't mess up anything. There's not much to it.
Syringe is for purging the line of air.

kenWhite61

it was easy, so i can only think the calibration might be where it went wrong... but that seemed go well also, i didnt see any sign of a mistake..i did wonder about the 10 numbers which were printed on a sticker label on the PIp it self..

balstestrat

Problem Solver
It will literally tell you after you input numbers the values that should match the ones on the PIP.
But that will not make this happen. I've never had it with a new one properly installed. Like I said, maybe the problem is with the ISS PCA, who knows.

cornholio

You can redo the calibration as often as you want. Besides the 10 digit number, there are also the offset and gain values printed on the label. If these are correct, the "calibration" worked.
ISS PCA stands for Ink System Subsystem Printed Circuit Assembly (or something like this...) and consists of the two circuit boards, where the PIPs are connected.

kenWhite61

You can redo the calibration as often as you want. Besides the 10 digit number, there are also the offset and gain values printed on the label. If these are correct, the "calibration" worked.
ISS PCA stands for Ink System Subsystem Printed Circuit Assembly (or something like this...) and consists of the two circuit boards, where the PIPs are connected.
thanks, i did the calibration and everything checks out...i put i a call to HP yestrday and waiting for their input.. Thanks again.. i hope i can return the favor..