• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 365 Latex VS 560 Latex

SignCorp Inc.

I will be purchasing either an HP 365 Latex or HP 560 Latex printer. Not overly familiar with digital printing so I am looking for feedback from owners before purchasing. We are not a high volume digital shop but I generally like to buy more than I need. I have read some threads about material waste and mis-alignment of the material as well as the weak Red printing. Due to limited space I need a front load printer so I can push it up against a wall and leave it. Already ran the Cat 6 and dual 240v circuit. Solvent printer is not an option for me. Any comments or feedback would be great.

ikarasu

The 560 has a better loading system and heating system. It can also print more vibrant colors and lay down more ink when needed.

The 365 can print regulated traffic signs and be 3m warranted, if that's part of your business.

I'd get the 560. I dread using our 360 compared to the 569... Mainly due to the loading system and tension bar system.

Christian @ 2CT Media

The 5 series can also run a bit cooler due to the curing ramp design and also has a vapor extraction system.

You can also run 300' SAV rolls and heavy banner due to the increased weight capacities

DrunknMonk, can you say a little more about the delamination issue? From your experience laminate sticks well to 570 prints but not to 365 prints? If you were considering a 1-10 scale where 1 is 'peels/bubbles by itself' and 10 is 'strongly bonded, meets all customer needs' where would you place the two machines?

The 5 series can also run a bit cooler due to the curing ramp design and also has a vapor extraction system.

You can also run 300' SAV rolls and heavy banner due to the increased weight capacities

Technically the 360 also has a vapor extraction system. There are a couple areas that pull air from inside the machine and send it through a filter on the bottom of your maintenance cartridge to remove water vapor in the machine.

I believe they call it an aerosol removal or something like that

The added benefits of the 560 is more geared towards a higher volume shop. A 360 will do it all and unless you are going to run in for long extended periods. roll after roll. The added extras your paying for might be overkill. we operate two 360s and they run all day pretty much. No need for a 560 in our shop.

Interested in this "delamination" issue. We run all sorts of different materials through this machine. The only time I have seen an issue with laminate is when the print is not properly cured.

citysignshop

The added benefits of the 560 is more geared towards a higher volume shop. A 360 will do it all and unless you are going to run in for long extended periods. roll after roll. The added extras your paying for might be overkill. we operate two 360s and they run all day pretty much. No need for a 560 in our shop.

Interested in this "delamination" issue. We run all sorts of different materials through this machine. The only time I have seen an issue with laminate is when the print is not properly cured.

Yes, those of us running 'solvent' printers like Roland, and are thinking of going to latex, need to know the big picture! I thought some of the latex prints looked 'pebbly' and wondered how they laminated....perhaps a heat assist laminator is a necessity? If I go latex, it will be for the ability to run prints on 3M traffic reflective sheeting....but it will have to print everything I do now!
Sounds like some of you guys are in the lower Mainland, I think if I could make a road trip I need to see some of this in operation, real-time, not a demo in a showroom!......any takers? :)