• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500 to replace or not to replace.....

Clear Choice

My trusty HP 5500PS with UV inks (purchased in 2006) is getting "long in the tooth" and I am looking around for a replacement BEFORE it decides to up & die.
I don't do any wraps or installs and generally stick to 24" x 36" or under for sizes as my arms are only so long. I don't do fine art prints...just small quantity signage, posters. outdoor yard signs and occasionally a banner.

One of the salesman I spoke with said I really didn't need the Post Script option.....do I?

I was looking at the 42" HP Z6200 and it seems on par with what I have only with 8 inks instead of 6.
BUT the darn machine only comes with a 90 ml "starter" ink set.
:banghead: Sheese - a set of full inks runs another $2000!!

Anyone have any experience with this printer or is there another printer I should look into?
I'm on the fence, I really don't need to spend the money right now after this terrible winter.
Any suggestions or should I wait till my machine actually starts having issues?

Thanks!
Sue2

RBDesign

Get Another HP5500PS UV

I would get a newer HP5500PS UV if it get your works done. I had the older HP5000PS UV and sold it to a buddy of mine 2 years ago who is still kicking butt with it.
i would stick with 4 colors though, inks are expensive.