• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500 uv printer

bigsign

Need to know it the HP z6100 printer use the same type of ink as my Hp 5500 uv printer. We use Hp83 ink not HP 82 ink.

bigsign

I would like to upgrade my old Hp5500 uv printers. Would we have to change to a latex printer or another designjet printer?

Billct2

If they're only up for a few weeks an HPz6100 or 6200 will work the same as the 5500. And there's lots around used and refurbs
If you want to have the option of more materials and longer life you cam look at other printers.

Bly

Ink and media for 5500s is much more expensive than the latex printers.
Ink is like double so if you're doing any quantity it would make sense to upgrade.

greysquirrel

The cost of a latex printer is close to the cost of a z6800(current model)...the L110, L310 and L330 are even cheaper...the cost of ink and media is less expensive if you go Latex.

anozira02

if you upgrade to latex printing do not let the printer setting around too long the heads will clog up much quicker then dye or pigment ink..

if you upgrade to latex printing do not let the printer setting around too long the heads will clog up much quicker then dye or pigment ink..

I don't believe this statement. If anything your dye and pigment inks are going to dry up much faster. We let ours sit for the weekends and a couple days a week when it gets slow. No issues ever with a head getting clogged or drying out. If your print heads are way past their expiration date then maybe. These are disposable print heads not like the print heads in most other printers. Which run for big money but last for years.

bigsign

We already have L310 printer. I would like to upgrade my hp 5500 uv printer to faster printer, like 6100 or 6200. We have not have any trouble with printer head with both uv printer or the latex. We have let them sit for two weeks and no problems.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We already have L310 printer. I would like to upgrade my hp 5500 uv printer to faster printer, like 6100 or 6200. We have not have any trouble with printer head with both uv printer or the latex. We have let them sit for two weeks and no problems.

I can get you a free refurbished Z6100 60" if you pick up 2 complete sets of inks. I just have to make sure they still have some available if your interested.

I own a latex printer and the white ink gives me nothing but trouble of clogging ..

HP does not manufacture a White ink for their Latex printers. If you have White ink in a Latex machine, it is a Mimaki Latex printer (or one that is rebranded as Ricoh).