• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500ps converted to latex ink,, what's it worth??

anozira02

I have an HP Design Jet 5500ps fully functional printer converted to latex printing,,, I hardly ever use the printer,
so thinking of selling it and not sure what it worth.. any ideas??

greysquirrel

Should have used it for a trade in toward your latex printer...HP Trade in Trade up Promo...other than that you might get $250

wes70

I have an HP Design Jet 5500ps fully functional printer converted to latex printing,,, I hardly ever use the printer,
so thinking of selling it and not sure what it worth.. any ideas??

Latex? Do you mean Aqueous pigment? HP use to call there water-based pigment ink UV.

greysquirrel

I thought he meant that as well...after a re-read..took it as he upgraded to a latex printer and has this anchor laying around

anozira02

What I did is converted the Hp designjet 5500ps 42" die ink printer to latex printing, I replaced the carriage, tubs, inks, now it lays down latex ink, works fine...

wes70

What I did is converted the Hp designjet 5500ps 42" die ink printer to latex printing, I replaced the carriage, tubs, inks, now it lays down latex ink, works fine...[/QUOT

Is this a conversion kit that can be purchased directly from a supplier? Very interested in this latex conversion. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
What I did is converted the Hp designjet 5500ps 42" die ink printer to latex printing, I replaced the carriage, tubs, inks, now it lays down latex ink, works fine...[/QUOTE)

I am pretty sure there is more to it than that lol. What about the heaters to cure the Latex ink to start?

anozira02

The Hp 5500ps has a built in heater,, I am not sure it has one in the back but the front panel does heat up depending the type
media you running. I use to use this printer to print Cad drawings. I hated to see it go,, sold it on Craigslist cp. days ago..

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I'm calling BS. No way that can run Latex. Would need new everything, including curing module, retrofitted ink cartridge setup, waste collector, and on and on. Would cost as much as a new printer.