• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500ps uv - how to replace carriage nozzles (print head to carriage seal)

vladio

My cyan print head started getting air in the lines and after checking it the "nozzle" that the print head connects to for ink was worn out and not sealing. I was able to find new nozzles (I use this term because that's what the seller was calling them) in China. I received them and pulled the ink supply at the carriage out to see what they're going to be replaced. I don't see how they come out. Anyone try to replace these? I'm looking for instructions or an exploded view of the carriage assy.

Thanks in advance.

vladio

I've seen the manual and am pretty sure they don't have this part as replaceable. I found a reman ink supply tube set for $300...might be a better option if I can't find the replacement procedures.

bigsign

ink tubes

I would replace the ink tubes. If you already have one nozzle seal going bad, more to come in the further. Don't buy a use one.

Northern Design

Northern Design Graphics
H4500 heads

The 5500 heads are a pressurized system. How are you getting air in the lines?
I have an ink starvation issue also but sucking air does not make sense