• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5500UV ink count way off

vladio

I'm showing an empty magenta ink cart so I ordered a new one. I went to replace it and the one that's showing empty is half full. These are Lexjet carts. Is this common with these or an anomaly? Ive always had a little left over but never a half cart.

Thank you

Billct2

It can happen, more often with refills, but also with OEM. Lexjet should credit if you return it.

vladio

It can happen, more often with refills, but also with OEM. Lexjet should credit if you return it.

They said they will...they're a good company to work with.

I have an oem black here that has about a third left. Funny how it's never less than what it shows. Lol.

I do a lot of 300 dpi printing with this machine. I have a few customers that buy quite a few large posters regularly from me. 600 or more dpi is overkill, they're not viewed closer than 10-15 feet. 300 uses less ink, wonder if the printer doesn't take that into consideration. I'd think that would be coded in to the firmware.