• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500UV printing very dark on matte paper

VinylLabs.com

I'm printing up 3 posters for a client, they are kind of dark, and very "brown" I'm printing directly from photoshop to the RIP on my printer. I've selected the same profile I use for my matte material (SuperHW PLus Matte) which normally prints fine (colors are off a bit but I don't have a dedicated rip)

but when I print this darker image, it almost comes out black! I've tried editing the file in photoshop to brighten it, but it becomes too saturated, the material I am using is JPM -170, Has anyone else used that material?

jens

try looking for a profile, or try to make a profile. there you can set your ink saturation etc...

VinylLabs.com

I went through all the matte profiles on my printer, printing up a small 100% sized crop of the print, every single one came out with the same amount of ink saturation. I'm heading back to try it again.

Lincan

matte paper always more darker

use heavycoated paper selection, or coated profile, so the ink doesn't too much spraying to your paper.