• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 560 or Epson s60600

ikarasu

I find it fascinating people talk about certain machines like they're useless/garbage. Whether it's because they've had a lemon machine... Or they're just using different technology... It's like Mac VS PC, just because someone prefers one type of machine...the other type MUST be garbage.

Each machine has their advantages and disadvantages. And they get posted on here a dozen times a day, so I won't even go into them... again. I just wish people would stop bashing one form of technology over the other. If someone asks what machine is best to print road signs, sure... Say dye sub is garbage for that. But when someone asks a general question about which machine is better.... and the only information they give is itll be run 15 hours a day and they want to use aftermarket ink... none of the above should factor into a recommendation.

Whats good for my business, may not be good for yours, and vice versa.

And as for speed... They both boast the same SQFT per hour roughly on indoor quality per their spec sheets - You can argue the HP is faster due to no offgassing, or the epson is faster because of warmup/cooldown time, but none of it matters unless it matters for your business. We need to laminate and send stuff out almost instantly...so HP is a win win for us. If you're printing 5 rolls a day and they sit for a day or two waiting to be laminating, obviously offgassing isnt an issue for you.

You can't go wrong with either machine for general purpose machines. For specific needs... you need to do some research and decide for yourself.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I find it fascinating people talk about certain machines like they're useless/garbage. Whether it's because they've had a lemon machine... Or they're just using different technology... It's like Mac VS PC, just because someone prefers one type of machine...the other type MUST be garbage.

Each machine has their advantages and disadvantages. And they get posted on here a dozen times a day, so I won't even go into them... again. I just wish people would stop bashing one form of technology over the other. If someone asks what machine is best to print road signs, sure... Say dye sub is garbage for that. But when someone asks a general question about which machine is better.... and the only information they give is itll be run 15 hours a day and they want to use aftermarket ink... none of the above should factor into a recommendation.

Whats good for my business, may not be good for yours, and vice versa.

And as for speed... They both boast the same SQFT per hour roughly on indoor quality per their spec sheets - You can argue the HP is faster due to no offgassing, or the epson is faster because of warmup/cooldown time, but none of it matters unless it matters for your business. We need to laminate and send stuff out almost instantly...so HP is a win win for us. If you're printing 5 rolls a day and they sit for a day or two waiting to be laminating, obviously offgassing isnt an issue for you.

You can't go wrong with either machine for general purpose machines. For specific needs... you need to do some research and decide for yourself.
I always laugh when people say the Latex can't produce quality output, I laugh because our clients have paid us millions over the lest 10 years of operating HP latexes and none of them has said I wish the quality was better. Granted we have had clients who needed labels with small text like 6pt or less and we outsourced those prints, or we had clients who expected extremely close viewing for cheap decals which we turned away. But 99.9% of our output was on par or better than our competition and it has allowed us to grow exponentially year over year.

As of late we started searching outside of HP, not due to the technology but due to the Companies lack of quality support for our growing business. We wouldn't be where we are today with out latex and I strongly feel latex will be in our future, but for our prime growth we won't soley rely on Latex any longer.

The biggest downfall of our industry is those business operator's who set self standards that clients don't need. Like for instance the graininess of Latex, most viewing of latex prints are from 2+ feet away and even in 6 pass the grain is not apparant at those distances. Another is the need to hit really fringe gamut colors, if you bought this machine to do fine art... You bought the wrong machine! These are production class machines designed for general signage, graphics, and wraps... Don't expect it to do what it wasn't designed to do.

GetTarps

I own a Epson s30670 and a HP 560. The difference is like driving a chevy sonic (s30670) and piloting a jet (HP560)!

I would never go back to an Epson. The loading is on the Epson's is archaic, the ink scratches easily, and Epson keeps rasing the ink pricing.

GetTarps

I bought a HP 560 and will never go back to an Epson. The ink is dry coming off the heater with no issues. Speed is very fast! With Eco solvent, I hate the maintenance and smell. It is costly and can't be good 4 you.

All the above is sales speak and not user advice. HP refutes all of Epson claims...especially printing in 1440 versus 1200.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I bought a HP 560 and will never go back to an Epson. The ink is dry coming off the heater with no issues. Speed is very fast! With Eco solvent, I hate the maintenance and smell. It is costly and can't be good 4 you.

All the above is sales speak and not user advice. HP refutes all of Epson claims...especially printing in 1440 versus 1200.
But in reality the newer Epsons all have a larger gamut than Latex even with just CMYK due to the significantly smaller picoliter dot size and that also translates to faster throughput (not including offgassing). The HP is superior in total production speed, scratch resistance, and maintenance (or lack of). HP is not consistent on multiroll runs or in support.

Not knowing much about your business, HP or Epson is a great fit... I would encourage you to avoid third party inks as none of them are great for Latex. They all have a limited gamut and none of them can match the colorfastness and scratch durability of OEM latex ink, beyond printability issues that arise due to those inks.

jpescobar

I own a Epson s30670 and a HP 560. The difference is like driving a chevy sonic (s30670) and piloting a jet (HP560)!
I would never go back to an Epson. The loading is on the Epson's is archaic, the ink scratches easily, and Epson keeps rasing the ink pricing.

Comparing an old model like the S30600 with an HP Latex 560 doesn't make sense !!
I don't like comparing different technologies but if you really want to put an "equal" model to the 560 put the S80600 which blows up the Latex in everything.

Each user has the right to pick the tech and the product suited to his business and personally I prefer the Epson for the print quality, the color gamut and consistency and of course the speed. In the end the most important is the benefit and profit that you make from this or that printer.

GetTarps

I was going to buy the 60600 or the HP 560. Ink adhesion with the latex wins out. I also like the water based ink that will expand our markets.

Also, having a spectrometer in the machine is amazing for printing long runs. We print 150 ft at a time so the reliability of the HP 560 is awe inspiring.

I hate the way the eco solvent print head degrades after each print and you cannot know when it's at end of life.

The HP app helps us with unattended printing. I hear Epson is doing away from 4 pack pricing. Again, getting you to buy the machine and raising the price.

GetTarps

I always laugh when people say the Latex can't produce quality output, I laugh because our clients have paid us millions over the lest 10 years of operating HP latexes and none of them has said I wish the quality was better. Granted we have had clients who needed labels with small text like 6pt or less and we outsourced those prints, or we had clients who expected extremely close viewing for cheap decals which we turned away. But 99.9% of our output was on par or better than our competition and it has allowed us to grow exponentially year over year.

As of late we started searching outside of HP, not due to the technology but due to the Companies lack of quality support for our growing business. We wouldn't be where we are today with out latex and I strongly feel latex will be in our future, but for our prime growth we won't soley rely on Latex any longer.

The biggest downfall of our industry is those business operator's who set self standards that clients don't need. Like for instance the graininess of Latex, most viewing of latex prints are from 2+ feet away and even in 6 pass the grain is not apparant at those distances. Another is the need to hit really fringe gamut colors, if you bought this machine to do fine art... You bought the wrong machine! These are production class machines designed for general signage, graphics, and wraps... Don't expect it to do what it wasn't designed to do.
The loading/unloading in the hp 560 makes your life so easy compared to the epson. The epson guessing skew game could is in the 1950s compared to H P 560

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't doubt your experience with your machine. I have fixed 100's of printers and helped 1000's of people fix theirs. If your head degrades after one print something is majorly wrong. I have people who have gone 10+ years on a single head!

GetTarps

10 years and they don't print much. It's all relative depending how much material and ink goes through your machine.

I'm not comparing latex to eco solvent. I'm comparing ease of use. The HP kills other eco solvent printers with ease of use. Its night and day.

You have never had a latex printer have you? Of course not or you wouldnt be saying what you are saying.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Guess we'll have to disagree. I wasn't saying anything about latex. Just that Epson based eco sol heads do not fail sooner than HP ones that are consumables.

ikarasu

I'm a huge latex fan. We got rid of our solvent for one.

That said, Solvent heads don't die from printing - They die from old age/head strikes. The "Average" life was 5 years.... Yes, some people can get 10, but thats rare. And nothing beats printing a $100 banner, getting a head strike and having to spend $5000 to fix it. BUT, 90% of the time headstrikes wont kill a head, just cause deflections... if even that.

Solvent heads are more durable than Latex, the reason Latex beats solvent in this area is the heads are cheap and replaceable... you dont ride out a repair thats causing banding, producing sub-par prints to try and save $5000...you just pop a new head in with the latex.

but no, a solvent head does not print worst after every print... it takes many, many years under normal use, even printing 16 hours a day for a solvent head to die... or a head strike/rub.

GetTarps

I love the Redundant nozzles on the HP 560. Epson definitely does not have this. If a nozzle goes out during printing, it ruins your job. Not with the 560.

jpescobar

I love the Redundant nozzles on the HP 560. Epson definitely does not have this. If a nozzle goes out during printing, it ruins your job. Not with the 560.

Epson has by far the best and most reliable printhead. HP thermal printheads are trash compared to the Epson PrecisionCore.

Epson PrecisionCore Printhead Technology Fact Sheet
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=23&ved=2ahUKEwir1ZPd9JnnAhUBuRoKHTcZDXIQFjAWegQIARAB&url=https://assets.epson-europe.com/eu/precision-core/PrecisionCore_Fact-Sheet.pdf&usg=AOvVaw30NcUCTyAZiBWHemnMcoyS

Last edited:

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
10 years and they don't print much. It's all relative depending how much material and ink goes through your machine.

Incorrect... More like, 10 years and they take care of the machine and do the maintenance as scheduled. And before you come back and claim the Zero maintenance on Latex blah blah blah, save your breath.

As has already been mentioned, you posted your "question" with very little clarity on exactly what you were looking for. I think you just wanted the HP fanboy response of trashing solvent.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
What burns me about Hp latex machines is the fact that HP is discontinuing parts and service for the L260 and earlier machines soon. I know the print heads are disposable but I guess the entire machine is also.
My guess is that there are a lot of good machines still out there.
In recent months the price for 792 latex ink and disposable print heads have increased $25-30%, just because they are trying to get their customers to upgrade. (says my distributor)
Someone earlier mentioned an increase in Epson ink prices, well HP is no better, maybe even worse in my opinion.

Last edited:

Micheal

had a HP315 just exchaned for an epson - if you need deadly accuracy for the cuts do not go HP!

I liked HP because it dies instantly and no off gas but the epson output is was more crisp!

it was a long hastle but im sticking with EPSON for now on

TomK

had a HP315 just exchaned for an epson - if you need deadly accuracy for the cuts do not go HP!

I liked HP because it dies instantly and no off gas but the epson output is was more crisp!

it was a long hastle but im sticking with EPSON for now on
What Epson did you go with?