Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help HP 560 Pinch Roller Replacement-Help!

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by flyplainsdrifta, Jan 4, 2019.

1. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    hey all! was just wondering if anyone has any experience replacing pinch rollers on the 560 or any 5 series latex printer? if someone could gimme a quick rundown of the procedure i would be forever in your debt! thanks so much!

Tags:
  2. Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian @ 2CT Media Major Contributor

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Each individual one?

HP only sells them as an assembly now and they are a ***** since you have to disassemble half the machine to reach all the bolts.

3. flyplainsdrifta

flyplainsdrifta Active Member

Oct 13, 2017
    ct
    That is strange. With the machine we received a few of the short and a few of the long rollers. Ive seen the replacement on older machines, but never on a new gen and i wanted to make sure it was as simple as i remember on the older gen models.

4. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    The little black ones where the media comes out to the print area?

You just push the silver bar on the side away from the roller you're taking out, the roller away from the bar and they pop right out.

That's if they're the same on 5xx as 3xx which I'm pretty sure they are.

5. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Yes those slide in and out like all generations, but if you buy them from HP you have to change the whole bracket assembly

6. Dan360

Dan360 Member

Dec 23, 2014
    Ontario, Canada
    Do you happen to know why they do that? Is there some issue with the old system or just a case of HP being HP?

7. Christian @ 2CT Media

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Supposedly a design change. Our 570's have had the pinch assemblies changed out, 1 runs perfectly straight the other has been 9 months of back and forth with HP and nothing but material walking back and forth.

• Like Like x 1