• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help HP 560 Pinch Roller Replacement-Help!

flyplainsdrifta

hey all! was just wondering if anyone has any experience replacing pinch rollers on the 560 or any 5 series latex printer? if someone could gimme a quick rundown of the procedure i would be forever in your debt! thanks so much!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Each individual one?

HP only sells them as an assembly now and they are a bitch since you have to disassemble half the machine to reach all the bolts.

flyplainsdrifta

That is strange. With the machine we received a few of the short and a few of the long rollers. Ive seen the replacement on older machines, but never on a new gen and i wanted to make sure it was as simple as i remember on the older gen models.

Dan360

The little black ones where the media comes out to the print area?

You just push the silver bar on the side away from the roller you're taking out, the roller away from the bar and they pop right out.

That's if they're the same on 5xx as 3xx which I'm pretty sure they are.

Dan360

Yes those slide in and out like all generations, but if you buy them from HP you have to change the whole bracket assembly

Do you happen to know why they do that? Is there some issue with the old system or just a case of HP being HP?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Do you happen to know why they do that? Is there some issue with the old system or just a case of HP being HP?
Supposedly a design change. Our 570's have had the pinch assemblies changed out, 1 runs perfectly straight the other has been 9 months of back and forth with HP and nothing but material walking back and forth.