• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 560 Skew correction

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Is anyone else with this same bucket of bolts having issues with skew correction? It is getting bad. I bet I spend 45 minutes to an hour every day in total with this thing, adjusting and readjusting the vinyl so it isn't skewed. Isn't one of the wonderful features of this f*&%%ing thing that it is supposed to CORRECT ITSELF?? So tired of it. Sometimes I just let it go if I'm printing a small job, but when I need to run a long one, I need it to be straight. I pull the vinyl out and down to touch the roll and line it up and it looks perfect....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's still skewed. Ready to wheel this thing to the curb.

greysquirrel

try to do an assisted manual load...it will open up the pinch rollers to align before it tests. Keep media tight on roll when loading. Don't add any slack. Also, make sure media is flush to left side of core and on left flange pretty tight. When using the take up reel...1 piece of tape in the middle...manually wind by hand 1full rotation before engaging auto take up

What is the skew value that has been defined in the load screen on the front panel? Smaller values require a more precise loading technique, and larger values provide more wiggle room. Increase the value and see if that improves your loading success rate.